Need rear brake T-fitting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

Does anyone out there have a rear brake t-fitting from a 7/70 - 9/75 FJ40? Someone was helping me and somehow cross-threaded the brake line nut coming from the drivers side into the T on top of the passenger side axle housing.

I saw SOR has one for $48 but I thought I would try the Mud forum first.

I'm still learning the ropes so please let me know if I'm in the wrong area for this!

Thanks!
Ed

If you go to the top of this page, towards the left, you will see several catagories...click on "classifieds" and post your request in the 'wanted' section. You can also browse through the 'for sale' section. Quite a few guys have tons of '40 related stuff for sale. I've seen what you are looking for on there before (a while back). Good luck, and welcome to Mud!!

Hi guys,

Does anyone out there have a rear brake t-fitting from a 7/70 - 9/75 FJ40? Someone was helping me and somehow cross-threaded the brake line nut coming from the drivers side into the T on top of the passenger side axle housing.

I saw SOR has one for $48 but I thought I would try the Mud forum first.

I'm still learning the ropes so please let me know if I'm in the wrong area for this!

Thanks!
Ed

They're pretty easy to cross-thread.

I believe I have one I just pulled off my truck this summer, but the rear soft line is seized in the fitting...I rounded the hex portion of the soft line off trying to break it loose, and ended up needing to go with a FJ60 fitting for my brake lines anyway. The FJ40 version didn't have a double flare on the soft line, it sealed with a brass washer, and my new soft line was a flared fitting. With the upcoming holidays, I might not be able to get back to it soon, but if there isn't a rush, I can work on breaking the line loose some more.

Did u try Toyota?

99% sure they're NLA from Toyota. I spent a lot of time looking for one, and didn't have much luck. I believe I ended up finding a 60 or 80 series one listed as "still available" but the price was pretty steep! I wound up getting one from a local 60-series parts truck.

If you go to the top of this page, towards the left, you will see several catagories...click on "classifieds" and post your request in the 'wanted' section. You can also browse through the 'for sale' section. Quite a few guys have tons of '40 related stuff for sale. I've seen what you are looking for on there before (a while back). Good luck, and welcome to Mud!!

He is right - posting a WTB (want to buy) add might net you a fitting faster than I can. You could also try PMing Georg @ Valley Hybrids as he has a number of parts trucks and may be able to sell you one. His handle on mud is Orangefj45. Mark Algazy is another possible source: http://www.marksoffroad.net/index2.html. He can be a tough guy to get a hold of (very busy working on Cruisers) but he has a wrecking yard of parts trucks as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom