Need real-time help. Car won't start after tool arced on main fuse box power. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was feeding some wires through the firewall and for my compressor install. I had the fuse box cover off and a tool dropped and happened to arc over the main power lead coming into the top of the fuse box (see second picture where bolt is). The car will now not recognize the remote and won't start. I have power, but I assume a fuse blew due to the arcing on that bolt. I've checked every fuse in there, but don't see anything. I guess something else might have been damaged. Anyone know of anything I should check?

11gCtUE.jpg

YdaALe8.jpg

Maybe check the fuses under the dash on the driver side and then the passenger? Also, you may as well disconnect the negative side of the battery for a few minutes to let things reset.

Maybe check the fuses under the dash on the driver side and then the passenger? Also, you may as well disconnect the negative side of the battery for a few minutes to let things reset.

Yeah, I looked at all fuses in engine bay and driver/passenger foot wells. Didn’t see anything.

Is there a fusible link right at the battery? I don't remember on the 200. I know the 80 and 100 had one.

The next easiest thing to check would be the relays. I’ll take a look at the FSM when I have a chance.

Toyota will often put a large fuse at the UNDERSIDE of the main fuse box in the engine bay. It is a huge pain to get to. I’m not certain the 200 has one, but I’d start my search there.

Also, this is why you ALWAYS disconnect the negative terminal on the battery when working with electrical. I learned this lesson myself in much the same way, and with very similar problems, on my previous Tacoma.

I'm just going to get it towed. I'll report back on what is found. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom