Need power to cigarette lighter when truck off??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yeah, with mine it just only would work when the engine was running, even with just the key on the on position it would not work, but when engine started the fridge worked fine. I have yet to do the dual batt system and my battery is a generic old one that came with the truck, so....

for me, I plan to keep the stock wiring all the same and just add dedicated full time outlets for everything I need.

Noah

yeah, with mine it just only would work when the engine was running, even with just the key on the on position it would not work, but when engine started the fridge worked fine. I have yet to do the dual batt system and my battery is a generic old one that came with the truck, so....

for me, I plan to keep the stock wiring all the same and just add dedicated full time outlets for everything I need.

Noah

seems possible (likely?) that your battery is on its last legs. Have you measured the voltage it shows at full charge?

nah, I am planning a complete rehaul with 2 deep cycle optima's, inverter, upgraded alt, etc....

I will have 12v and dc round plugs all over the place, so the stock one will just be used for cell phone chargers or whatever.

Noah

How long are you guys able to run your fridge (mine is the 47litre model) without the vehicle running?

I have mine set to -5 deg C, with the battery minder set to HI (for max battery protection), and the red error light is flashing on the fridge by the end of the day, indicating that it has drawn the battery down low enough to turn the fridge off. Ambient temperature is around the low 20's deg C or so the last few days.

The truck starts fine, now that I don't misinterpret the meaning of ARB's HI & Low settings that is.

Can anyone think up a good reason Mr. T made it so the cig. lighter plug only works when the key is turned? I've never seen this in any other vehicle I've owned and it's really quite annoying...shouldn't be too hard to fix though...:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom