Need pic of installed oem brake light switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Old Nick

GOLD Star
Threads
Howdy All,

Would anyone a pic (or be willing to take a pic) of your installed oem brake light switch?

I’m having off again/on again brake light issues (tail lights work/bulbs are good).

This is the po’s wiring… it needs to be sorted (after the crimp, the wire is red and runs in a straight shot back to the DS harness).

61E60A61-A2B0-4E7A-9E62-207E2C33F57F.jpeg

And here’s what I’m dealing with the DS rear:

FBE94762-4C4F-4D8B-9BD0-762C852F442E.jpeg

the tip or push pins get all messed up on that switch

maybe it is switch itself

or and the rubber cushion is smoked ?

they go hand in hand .fyi

i have New OEM switches and comes with free oem cushions too !

Howdy, @ToyotaMatt Thank you! I've got a spare new OEM switch that I'm going to put on. It's just that the PO routed the hot wire that runs to the brake lights themselves around the the connector. I sure wish that he hadn't done that. You can see the cut off wire in the connector in the first pic. The hot wire is then routed around the connector to a new wire (the red one). I guess that I need to take the switch out, sort out the connector and then re-install. Bummer, man.

Take it easy and Happy Thanksgiving.

Update: got the new OEM switch installed. Comparing the aftermarket switch with the OEM equipment is like comparing a turd and a diamond! The OEM switch, like everything on these trucks, is substantial. Hopefully it will last me another decade or two.

In order to use the existing wiring, I pulled the lower spade out of the OEM connector and added a female spade to the existing brake wire (which is in good shape). Plugged everything up and the brake lights worked properly. At some point, I need to assess all of my rear-end wiring and clean it up. But for now, things are working again and my truck is back on the road.

Update: got the new OEM switch installed. Comparing the aftermarket switch with the OEM equipment is like comparing a turd and a diamond! The OEM switch, like everything on these trucks, is substantial. Hopefully it will last me another decade or two.

In order to use the existing wiring, I pulled the lower spade out of the OEM connector and added a female spade to the existing brake wire (which is in good shape). Plugged everything up and the brake lights worked properly. At some point, I need to assess all of my rear-end wiring and clean it up. But for now, things are working again and my truck is back on the road.

do u need a connector or terminals still ?

PM me

ill hook you up proper ..........

like i like to say : :D

(.12) - Copy.jpeg

Howdy All,

Would anyone a pic (or be willing to take a pic) of your installed oem brake light switch?

I’m having off again/on again brake light issues (tail lights work/bulbs are good).

This is the po’s wiring… it needs to be sorted (after the crimp, the wire is red and runs in a straight shot back to the DS harness).

View attachment 2843073

And here’s what I’m dealing with the DS rear:

View attachment 2843074

do u want to know exactly why the PO did that ?

i know i have dealt with the HYBRRID PSYCLOPS Connectors before !

OMG .........:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom