Need Photos of a Winch Mounted to a TJM T3 Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a used TJM T3 bumper, but TJM doesn't make winch plate anymore. Could someone send me some photos of their winch mounted to their bumper please? I'm going to need to make something.

Hard to get a picture of that. The plate mounts between the frame rails first, and then the bumper slides over it.
I'll try and get some pictures tonight of it.

OK, I stand corrected. It's been a VERY long time since I've had that thing off.
The winch mount does gone on first, and then if I remember right, I had to hold it up into positions with a floor jack while I slid the bumper over it and bolted that into place.

The rusty plate in the first picture is the winch mount. The powder coating started to come off of it after about two years, and looks like it was made as an after thought to the bumper.

The plate goes frame to frame and is the first against the frame, and then the bumper mounts are below that.

The yellow mark is the winch plate, the blue mark is the bumper bracket.

Then there is a top support bracket from the top of the frame forward to the front edge of the winch plate.

I hope this helps a little. It was a serious PITA putting that setup on the truck. That Warn HS9500 died years ago, and I just left it in there because I didn't want to deal with it.
I probably will this year though, and replace the winch.

That is exactly what I needed. Thank you. Does the winch plate where the fairlead attaches stick out of the bumper?

No, the front of the winch mount plate does not touch the face of the bumper at all. I went digging around (probably like you have) and found that they did change the design of the 200 series bumper a lot. It looks like that is all one piece winch/bumper bracket, and i found some great pictures here..TJM Front Bumper Installation Help - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/tjm-front-bumper-installation-help.810905/#post-9260808 that might help with your ideas for making one.

Good luck, keep us posted on what you come up with.

Well Von Hayek, I was really bored and went digging even deeper today. I've attached a PDF of the original TJM mount instructions I found.

I also have the bumper mounting instructions if you need those too.

Attachments

• Winch mount inst TJM.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom