Need Opinion - 2010 GX460 Premium (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
I currently have a 2016 SuperCrew F150, but am looking for a project vehicle that can be taken on fireroads, national parks, etc...

I'm 6'7" tall and ironically the LC and LX570 have less headroom than the GX460. Hence, I've narrowed it down to the GX.

I've found a 2010 GX460 Premium for $14,800 with the specs below. Thoughts on if it is a good deal and whether I should pull the trigger?

• 2010 GX Premium - $14,800
  • 154,000 miles
  • One owner, southern states
  • All maintenance done on-time at Lexus dealership
  • New Michelins
  • TC, Front diff, & Rear diff all done at 90k miles
  • Transmission has never been flushed
  • Dealer agrees to do 150k service, TC fluid, front diff, and rear diff change before purchase

Update 4/3/2020: The PPI on the vehicle above came back REALLY rough w/ leaks everywhere. The next day I found the vehicle below and I'm currently negotiating.

• 2010 GX Premium - $16,500
  • 106,000 miles
  • Two owner, southern states
  • All maintenance done on time at Lexus dealership
  • Clean, no accident Carfax
  • Peeling front bumper

Last edited:
Sounds like a steal!
Not sure how many Toyota products you've owned, but 154k miles is just about break-in period for a Toyota!
All my Toyotas (5) have all gone over a quarter million miles.
And since it sounds like this will not be a daily driver, I'd pull the trigger unless there's something else you like better, e.g. color, options, price, mileage, etc.

I currently have a 2016 SuperCrew F150, but am looking for a project vehicle that can be taken on fireroads, national parks, etc...

I'm 6'7" tall and ironically the LC and LX570 have less headroom than the GX460. Hence, I've narrowed it down to the GX.

I've found a 2010 GX460 Premium for $14,800 with the specs below. Thoughts on if it is a good deal and whether I should pull the trigger?

• 154,000 miles
  • New Michelins
  • Dealer agrees to do 150k service, TC fluid, front diff, and rear diff change before purchase

My opinion, based entirely on just the info you provided, would be “go for it”.

There isn’t much difference between 50k and 150k miles. If it’s clear it’s been well kept (seems so by single southern ownership and dealer kept) then enjoy saving several thousand dollars off less mileage ones and enjoy it.

Check out start [GX Offroad] for some good info to read before purchasing, it’ll y sure you’re informed going into the deal and know little things to check on, like the history on the secondary air pump.

Jake

Sounds like a deal to me. Lot's of these GX's here in Texas and it's a good part of the country to buy from given out climate. Odds are it was originally a three year lease turn in that was purchased and driven by a soccer mom to the school, super market and mall for the next 5-6 years. If everything checks out and it's clean I would pull the trigger.

Ha! Mine was owned by a little Korean mom. The clues:
  1. Hit the seat memory and I about buckled my knees into my chest! (I'm 6'-0"). Read: small
  2. Press a couple of the preset satellite radio stations and they went to Korean stations. Read: Korean
  3. The dealer just receive this vehicle and hadn't had a chance to puff it out yet when I looked it over. In the back seat there were some broken toy trinkets and crumbs. Read: kids.
I know also that (and with all due respect to the Asian race) usually most Asian women (whose first language is not English) do not like to get tan or have sun on them. So my best guess is that she never used the sunroof.
I also assume she or her family NEVER used any of the off-road features.
Heck! It still had the clear protective plastic covering on the door step plates!

Sounds like everyone thinks it is a good deal. I'm having a pre-purchase inspection done on it today, then pick it up this weekend pending successful PPI.

• 3/2020
    • New Michelins
    • Headlamps Restored
    • Front diff change
    • Rear diff change
    • Transfer case change
  • 10/2019
    • Air Pump Repair Kit & Replace Air Switching Valve
  • 3/2019
    • Recharge A/C System
  • 5/2018
    • Throttle Body Air Induction Service
  • 2/2017
    • Airbag Recall Replacement
    • New Battery

Where in Texas is it? Maybe one of us is local and can go put eyes on it for you.

• 154,000 miles
  • New Michelins

wow......sounds like a helluva price.......

bought our '11 460 premium in January w/95K miles for $22K

yes....I know high book.......2 owners from AZ & NV....really clean Car Max car

Have already spent $4K+ on mods....suspension lift....tires/wheels.....fluids etc...

Wife's DD......she luvs it after nearly 15 years in an '05 Tacoma

HwKtZhE.jpg

or...........buy it..........;)

Lol! No, I'd start building out the 570 before I bought another GX haha. Just trying to help another member out if I can.

Where in Texas is it? Maybe one of us is local and can go put eyes on it for you.

Thanks for the offer! It's actually at a PPI inspection place as we speak. Independent shop that specializes in Lexus, Nissan, Acura, etc... PPI is $120

They're calling me in a bit to let me know. I'm having them check for coolant valley leak, timing cover leak, radiator leak, plus all the usual stuff, etc...

Thanks for the offer! It's actually at a PPI inspection place as we speak. Independent shop that specializes in Lexus, Nissan, Acura, etc... PPI is $120

They're calling me in a bit to let me know. I'm having them check for coolant valley leak, timing cover leak, radiator leak, plus all the usual stuff, etc...

Curious as to what they find........let us know......

Curious as to what they find........let us know......

Just got the call from the PPI shop. They know their stuff! In short - no go on the truck. That's why we have PPI's done though right?!?!

• Front & rear bumpers had been removed and showed visible sings of damage not listed on Carfax
  • Lead from transmission pan
  • Transfer case seal leak
  • Noise from rear diff
  • Oil filter leak
  • Rear door weather stripping needs replaced
  • Low coolant & possible leak
  • Engine bay was steam cleaned, so impossible to tell about coolant valley leak, timing cover leak, etc...
All this on a 1-owner vehicle that was serviced at the same dealer it was purchased from.

Just got the call from the PPI shop. They know their stuff! In short - no go on the truck. That's why we have PPI's done though right?!?!

• Front & rear bumpers had been removed and showed visible sings of damage not listed on Carfax
  • Lead from transmission pan
  • Transfer case seal leak
  • Noise from rear diff
  • Oil filter leak
  • Rear door weather stripping needs replaced
  • Low coolant & possible leak
  • Engine bay was steam cleaned, so impossible to tell about coolant valley leak, timing cover leak, etc...
All this on a 1-owner vehicle that was serviced at the same dealer it was purchased from.

FWIW, I'm 6'7" as well and have no issues with headroom in our old LX470 or new 200.

Glad you decided to do a PPI, sounds like you dodged a bullet.

interesting.....
There will be plenty of other candidates. My 2010 with 149k just got back from a Hennessy Lexus (Also in Atlanta) service with a clean bill of health. These things soak up the miles w/ no issue, and I am about to invest more in mine for the long (off-road)haul

Well, I guess you know why it was only $14k!

Bummer, but there will be others.

So here is the info on the new 2010 GX460 Premium I am looking at:
  • 2010 GX460 Premium - $16,500 before negotitation
  • 106k miles
  • 2 owners (Southern States)
  • Clean Carfax with no accidents
  • All maintenance done @ Lexus dealer on time
  • Transmission fluid, front/rear diff, & transfer case never changed
  • Secondary air pump, air injection pump, airbag recalls done
  • Needs
    • New Tires (Currently 2 Bridgestone & 2 offbrand)
    • Front & Rear Brakes
    • New fluids (I'll do myself)
    • Repainted front bumper due to paint peeling (Verified this is just peeling, not dents or evidence of any accidents)
It's getting a Pre-purchase inspection done at an independent shop now, so pending results of that...

Thoughts on the bumper and above?

2020-04-03 10.56.03.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom