Need new suspension ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have decided to lift my rig and am looking for a supplier. Unfortunately here in Thailand there is really nothing. Does anybody has some links to Australia with a website or so??

I would like to order the 5" lift from Slee but he is too far away from me. Bad luck. :'(

Mike

depending on your truck, and what accessories it has, depends on the spring required for the lift.

www.offroadshop.com.au is where I am at, and we completed a 4" lift on an 80 a week or so ago with caster plates, gearbox spacers, and longer shocks for a customer.

you can email me at darren@offroadshop.com.au if you have any questions.

And the caster correction is bolt on, and the gearbox crossmember spacers stop front uni vibration, so the kit can be fitted at home. :D

And the torsion bar spacer is bolt on too, to stop the tailshaft hitting the torsion bar.

[quote author=the shedguy [Aus/CAC] link=board=2;threadid=8565;start=msg73036#msg73036 date=1070928373]
And the caster correction is bolt on, and the gearbox crossmember spacers stop front uni vibration, so the kit can be fitted at home. :D
[/quote]

Hello Darren,

The plates are interesting. My understanding is that the proper use of nylock nuts (and actually is true for any nut) is that the bolts need to be long enough so that several threads extend beyond the nut. Given this, I believe the bolts depicted may be too short for this application. I'm no expert, but can not recall previously seeing nylock nuts used in critical suspension application. Any concerns?

Rich

Thanks Rich, I should of linked the pic completed, not when we had the nuts started when we first put them on, you are correct, they do need to protrude, which they do when tight, and no, we have no issues with nylocs here, as long as they ahvent been used half a dozen times...

Christo @ www.sleeoffroad.com is working on a similar idea for you guys in the US I believe.

Darren,
Do you know if this is similar to the bolt-on castor fix that Christo is working on for those of us that have the j-springs?
Thanks? :beer:

Not sure I'm getting this, sorry, slow tonight. Why the spacers in the front? I would have thought you'd want them in the back if the frame is lifted w.r.t. the axle housing. Or what am I missing?
E

[quote author=Curran link=board=2;threadid=8565;start=msg73064#msg73064 date=1070932350]
Darren,
Do you know if this is similar to the bolt-on castor fix that Christo is working on for those of us that have the j-springs?
Thanks? :beer:
[/quote]

I dont know exactly what Christo is working on right now, but I do know where the idea came from :D

Im sure he will have it sorted, and it will work as good as any Christo device, when he feels it is ready.

Darren,

>> and the gearbox crossmember spacers stop front uni vibration <<

Is this for the auto tranny too? If yes, do you have pics?

-B-

It should work for auto as well, as the x mamber just goes up to the chassis with 4 bolts each side, just need 20mm longer bolts, and a 12mm spacer between the x member and chassis.

I am trialling a set in this car now we just lifted to ensure it works and saves the cardin joint addition expensive mod.

Asiarider,

I'll second the recommendation to deal with www.offroadshop.com.au - have known those blokes for awhile now and they are top notch to deal with. They helped me with a few issues I had a while back.

Not taking anything from the other guys, after all, I do like the name Big Balls. :flipoff2: :D , but the www.offroadshop.com.au boys are guaranteed top notch
back.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom