Need new shackle mounts for the rear of the frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well i have been in formed the my shackle angle is off by alot. so this is what i will do

dsc002321copy4eu.jpg

we will also be replacing the bumper with a rectangle peice of metal. it will be the same as the original bumper but it will have 4 sides as apossed to 3. in order to make this new rear bumper fit we will need to cut rectangular holes on the back side. like this

newbumper0wl.png

your shackle angle looks

totaly backwards.. :confused:
those things should be poiting the other way. OUT
it looks like you have the suspension at full droop....

oh yeah...have you tried toyota?

why do you need a hanger?

i figure if im gonna cut the hanger of and move it foward 3in the i might as well replace them well im at it

Install a longer spring....

se i dont wana do that, it will cost me MONEY!! I am only fourteen, and not old enough to get a real job soooo

homie- step away from the cutting tools.
Buy some new lift rear FJ40 springs , or find someone to give you their old lift rear FJ40 springs. Your problem isnt in any way the position of the shackle hanger- its the length of your springs. The ones on there look like they rearched stock springs, or they arent even Fj40 springs at all.

I have a set of rear Rancho 2.5" lift springs you can have if you want them.

-Dusitn

my springs are backwards, thats for sure. but see i would love to buy new rear springs, but i just cant afford that right now...

EDIT: I meant to say they arent backwards

Last edited:
i know what the prolem is, the springs i have, have a spring helper/extra leaf. if i took that off then the spring would become longer? am i wrong?

it'll flaten out a bit

but how much is the ?
is this a helper spring you put in?
and where did you get it?

sorry you answered my question. :eek:

you will invert those babies if you dont change them
even on the street

Last edited:
too bad you are in CO, I have like 3 sets of stock springs I am loading up to take to the junk yard tomorrow,,,,

spring won't get any longer.. It can't grow.
;)

Is the weight of the cruiser on those springs (I doubt it)

Put the weight of the cruiser on it's axles. then take another pic..

Even if you reversed the springs your still going to have the same total length. Which would accomplish nothing. Your going to have to bite the bullet and buy some new springs or purchase some used one's from previous posts.

I also have used shackle mounts if you decide to go that route

is it possible the PO not only put the springs on backwards,, but reversed front springs to back?

dont go cutting the frame unless you add at least 10 years to your age,, really 20 would be better,,,,, change something else before cutting a perfectly good frame,, hell Ill give you a few mounts, leave those there and mount the ones from me infront of it if you find the springs are in the right places turned the right way,,,

so heres my plan. all i have is a rollin chassis. theres no engine, no tranny drive shafsts or any of that. so i will wait until its runnin to worry about the shackle angle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom