Need new shackle mounts for the rear of the frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

again with the car

PabloCruise said:
It's a Cruiser - not a car...

;)

MAX....................................................................YOUR FIRED!!!! :D

California, near San Fran.
You can have the springs for what it costs to ship. Probably $40.00?
I would give you the matching front springs, but I need them at the moment. Once they are not in use- you can have them too. I have them on another rolling chassis I will be making into a trailer. It will be a few months before they are free, but are yours when they are.

-Dustin

3pits said:
is it possible the PO not only put the springs on backwards,, but reversed front springs to back?

Actually flipping the spring around so the center pin is further to the back of the Cruiser is pretty common. People do this to increase wheelbase. I have my front springs flipped to stretch out the Cruiser and get a better approach angle. Doing this doeesnt make his shackle inverted like that. I am still betting the springs were rearched.

btw- note on flipping the springs around: If you do it, you will get longer wheelbase, which is cool, but its not a good idea on the back ones, since you want the military wrap on the fixed mount to the frame, and not at the shackle. Flipping the fronts is technically only a god idea if you have a shackle reversal...

carry on-
Dustin

This is were mine went after I put the eng and trans in without a body on my 45 swb.

Before that it was almost like a contiuation of the spring at the same angle as the spring. I had them rearched already and think they really didnot need it. but if they need to settle a little I will put a coulpe of 55 gal drums of water back there for a while.

The 45 has a longer wheelbase so I would think that yours will set down further with the running gear in it

Last edited:
if i were you, i'd wait until everything was on before i worried, but i'm betting you're springs will still be too short. i've got a set of good stock springs (possibly rearched, not sure, came off a cruiser i parted...we thought they were lift springs, but i found the mitsu symbol on them). but if you want to remount spring hangers, i believe cruiser solutions has them.

i hope i didn't lead you astray in your other thread when i told you to move the front spring perches back... somebody else chimed into that thread and said get some longer springs and that's a much better idea :cheers:

go to a spring joint, get them to make up a main leaf that's a couple of inches longer, bolt the new main leaf in, use the rest of the springs in that pack and you'll be golden

new main leaf only shouldn't cost much, in aus about 50 bucks a leaf

thats a good idea

bad_religion_au said:
go to a spring joint, get them to make up a main leaf that's a couple of inches longer, bolt the new main leaf in, use the rest of the springs in that pack and you'll be golden

new main leaf only shouldn't cost much, in aus about 50 bucks a leaf

MAX, let me know if this is something your interested in doing.

i have a conection at DENVER SPRING we can see what he can do for you. ;)

looks like alot of good info out here for you, with some good help.

if you need something shipped in, i can prolly get it in at my work for ya at a resonable $$$$

you make the call max!!!

74fj40 said:
i am also wondering where to get new shackle mounts?

If you want stock new rear shackle mounts, cruisersolutions sells them. A bit spendy, like $110 each but very nice.

2badfjs said:
MAX, let me know if this is something your interested in doing.

i have a conection at DENVER SPRING we can see what he can do for you. ;)

looks like alot of good info out here for you, with some good help.

if you need something shipped in, i can prolly get it in at my work for ya at a resonable $$$$

you make the call max!!!

thank you very much, ill keep that in mind. but first i will wait until the engine and tranny and everything else is in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom