need new shackels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.auburn.edu
so when I bought my 40 it had shackes that are way too long. so i am in search for CHEAP but worthy. i know those to words don,t go together, but I am searching. I want to be under 100 for all 4. I found these and wondering if any of yall are runing them?
e9d3_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-LI...ryZ33585QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

so when I bought my 40 it had shackes that are way too long. ... I found these and wondering if any of yall are runing them?

Whoa :eek: those are shorter than what you had before??

Those look scary long. Get some OME greaseable anti inversion shackles.

make some cheap.

get yourself some steel and a drill

Why don't you just make your own following Mark Whatleys article in the Trails. They are cheap and worthy.

Why don't you just make your own following Mark Whatleys article in the Trails. They are cheap and worthy.

X2. I made my own, and it was really pretty easy. 3/8" x 2" steel + 5/8" drill bit + 5/8" bolt and nut = cheap and STURDY shackles. It would have been much easier to use a drill press, but all I had was a hand drill. It took a little longer, but it was still really easy. Besides, if you make your own, you can make them exactly how long you want them. I went to the local steel place and had them cut 6" pieces of 3/8" X 2 ". All I had to do was drill the holes and buy the bolts.

Good luck! :cheers:

thanks for the help. the reason I was not makeing my own is that the steel shops around here are chargeing a ton for steel.

probably alot cheaper than buying premade ones?

go look in their scrap basket theyll have some cheap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom