Need New Leather-ish Steering Cover under $30 online (no sewing!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DocuDude

Took me 10 years to find this space
Threads
Gang,

My steering wheel looks like crap. It's 19 years old, so makes sense.
95 FJ-80.

Where can I buy a leather (of faux) that is comfortable, slips on quick, the right size, and will last another 10 years?

I prefer online, as what's in your Kmart may not be in mine.
Also, I dont want to sew.

The search discusses $400 covers. No thanks.
Under $30 please.

What you're looking for does not exist... Under $30 that slips on and will lasts 10 years.....nothing!!
But for $54.00 you can get https://www.wheelskins.com/original_wheelskin.php
but you'll have to sew...holes are punching and you can watch a short how to video ....easy as pie.
Mine is two years old and looks brand new

Just buy a leather or faux leather cover from amazon. Under $20. If you don't like it, return it.

I'm looking for one that will fit.
When I select Toyota/Landcruiser --- all the steering wheel cover options disappear.
Someone had to have found a good fit.
10 years might be too long. How about one that will go for five?

What you're looking for does not exist... Under $30 that slips on and will lasts 10 years.....nothing!!
But for $54.00 you can get https://www.wheelskins.com/original_wheelskin.php
but you'll have to sew...holes are punching and you can watch a short how to video ....easy as pie.
Mine is two years old and looks brand new

Luke111 did you use the tan, oak, or sand color for yours?

Toyota sells covers for around $40

Anyone have experience with wheelskins? Are they worth it? Comfortable? Look good? Easy to install?

The europreforated with charcoal and dark green would look sexy

LOVE my wheelskin! There are a bunch of threads about them. Install is not that bad. I thought the hardest part was slipping on the wheel. It is a tight fit. The rest just takes a hour or so to sew up. Not hard at all. Mu steering wheel was in in good shape. I did it to protect it from the sun and keep it nice. But i am really happy with it.

So on the wheel skins, you leave the existing leather on and fit the replacement over it?

I just requested charcoal, grey, and sea blue color samples from wheelskins. My steering wheel is NASTY from a previous owner that smoked either cigarettes or cigars.

Luke111 did you use the tan, oak, or sand color for yours?

Brown looks the best in my opinion. Oak is too light. Brown is a little dark but doesnt look bad.
FZJ80 comparison and in an oak t100

IMG_3708.jpg

lc1.JPG

lc2.JPG

lc3.JPG

I've used several of the lace up leather or faux leather ones from autozone. I think retail is under 20 and once or twice I got them for under 10.

Please post the samples for the gray interior when you get them, I am really needing a new cover too.

IMG_1679a.JPG

To help protect steering wheel still in great condition, installed this cover found at local Target.
Around $14.00 at the time.

Last edited:
Brown looks the best in my opinion. Oak is too light. Brown is a little dark but doesnt look bad.
FZJ80 comparison and in an oak t100

You are correct... I did not ask for samples and just ordered Oak Brown is much closer to the factory color

This is Oak

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414094851.177068.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom