Need new key with electronics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All, we had a house sitter who was using the LC to take our dogs out, and he lost the original key, with the electronics. What is the best way to get one or two new keys with all buttons working? Is this a dealer only option or can it be done at a locksmith?

Thanks

A locksmith worth a damn can cut and program keys to it. Hopefully you still have a master key.

Yes, I still have the one original key, heading to a locksmith today.

Get ready for wallet shock if you're looking to grab 2 keys from a locksmith and/or dealer. I just recently went through getting another key for my recently acquired LX and spent about $62. Locksmith told me that if he would have done the whole job, it would have been around $300 total. That's probably pretty close to what a dealer charges too.

Check out my post for more info if you want to save some a bunch. If you can read directions, you can easily program the transponder chip and the alarm portion of the fob. Then just find a reasonable locksmith to make the cut.

Get ready for wallet shock if you're looking to grab 2 keys from a locksmith and/or dealer. I just recently went through getting another key for my recently acquired LX and spent about $62. Locksmith told me that if he would have done the whole job, it would have been around $300 total. That's probably pretty close to what a dealer charges too.

Check out my post for more info if you want to save some a bunch. If you can read directions, you can easily program the transponder chip and the alarm portion of the fob. Then just find a reasonable locksmith to make the cut.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom