Need Mechanic in VA Beach Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
My son is off at school with a 2001 100 series. He says it showing symptoms similar to a failing APPS. Does anyone know of a good mechanic/shop in the area he can take it to? I would address it myself, but I don't have the time.

Check out DIA Automotive. They are cruiser guys and did suspension work on my 200.

I’ve been burned by DIA and so with my father with his Corvette. My most trust worthy tech Is Scott at Priority Toyota. His Service writer is Joe Sloan. Scott takes on side jobs every now and then too. Tack auto Chesapeake. Sal is the Owner. Honest old guy. He installed my Brake booster on my 99 lx470 and serviced my AHC.

Hey bluefish. I heard Jared drove your car into a curb, after installing your suspension. He was talking about how awesome the 200 series suspension was and that he didn’t even feel the curb. He told me that last week when he charged me $400 dollars for tow, diagnostics, and labor for a thermostat gasket and coolant level sensor that was an additional $70 on top of the $400. Their labor was $100. My father been taking that car there for years, before I even had the Cruiser. When I pop the hood the sensor was not even new. I brought it up to Jared and basically he flat out told me I was a liar. I took that personal, since I’m a cop so that ended my business with him. Top that of the Vette’s low coolant light still comes on. So I’m going to check my heater core on my LX to see if it’s new, cause they charged me for a R&R for that. I noticed a leak under my glove when I first bought Rig took it to DIA and they said heater core is leaking. I found out after research in mud the leak is coming from ac filter box and needs a new gasket. I can tool my own vehicles but some days I just don’t have the time and I want to take it to a shop I think is reputable. I’m very disappointed.

I’ve been taking mine(2003 LC) to Japanese Auto Masters for a few years. Good work and fair price.
Prior to that, I took it to Priority Toyota, good service but I hate paying dealership prices. A good 30% more than what JAM costs.

Hey bluefish. I heard Jared drove your car into a curb, after installing your suspension. He was talking about how awesome the 200 series suspension was and that he didn’t even feel the curb. He told me that last week when he charged me $400 dollars for tow, diagnostics, and labor for a thermostat gasket and coolant level sensor that was an additional $70 on top of the $400. Their labor was $100. My father been taking that car there for years, before I even had the Cruiser. When I pop the hood the sensor was not even new. I brought it up to Jared and basically he flat out told me I was a liar. I took that personal, since I’m a cop so that ended my business with him. Top that of the Vette’s low coolant light still comes on. So I’m going to check my heater core on my LX to see if it’s new, cause they charged me for a R&R for that. I noticed a leak under my glove when I first bought Rig took it to DIA and they said heater core is leaking. I found out after research in mud the leak is coming from ac filter box and needs a new gasket. I can tool my own vehicles but some days I just don’t have the time and I want to take it to a shop I think is reputable. I’m very disappointed.

I had the same issue with my LC, water leak underneath glovebox coming from the evaporator case. Japanese Auto Master made sure the drain line was clear, replaced gasket and all good. $150. Priority wanted $200+

I had the same issue with my LC, water leak underneath glovebox coming from the evaporator case. Japanese Auto Master made sure the drain line was clear, replaced gasket and all good. $150. Priority wanted $200+
I haven’t fixed mine yet. If I don’t do it myself I’ll take it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom