Need mechanic in Eagle/Vail area for motorized tilt steering wheel issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and just bought my first Lexus, a 2001 LX470 with 123k on it. The previous owner has taken pretty good care of it. I was a little wary of buying a vehicle that might require expensive repairs to a very sophisticated vehicle but took the chance since the price was right.

I have done some reading and found that others have had issues with motor that drives the telescoping and tilting feature on the steering wheel. In the last few days the tilt feature stopped working however the telescoping feature still works fine. It is not making any noise when I press the button but simply won't lower. I checked the fuse and its fine. I did fine a loose battery connection that has been fixed but tilt feature is still not working. I disconnnected the battery for 30 mins this morning and reconnected but still not working.

I am considering taking it to Stevinson Lexus in Lakewood but wanted to get others thoughts/ideas about pros and cons vs. a local mechanic. Any suggestions for a mechanic that is good with this vehicle locally?

I would like to disable the telecsope/tilt feature since its not necessary and just one more thing that have issues with. Once I get the wheel tilted down to a reasonable angle hopefully I can disable the feature and leave it as is.

Thanks in advance for any ideas! I'm brand new and just figuring out this whole forum thing.

I'm in Denver and can help, but far for you. Stevenson Lakewood I'm sorry to say, I see to much stuff I done wrong, that re-do for mud guy's rigs around here.

But other than some good INDY guys I've heard of but don't know in the High Country. Shop and service mrg. at BigHorn Toyota in Glenwood Springs has a good rep. Just watch out for the car sales dep... LOL.

Take a day trip and go see @2001LC.....

If I lived within a couple of hours of him, he'd be my go-to.

Thanks @Dwight S. Very nice of you to say.

But if he brings to me, I'll find much more the tilt motor. I always find stuff...LOL

Last edited:
If you’re coming to Denver for service you could try Toy-Auto Masters in Englewood. I’ve had a number of positive experiences there, and am not too horrified at the cost.

Thank you for the responses. You guys are a big help.

@2001LC, I'm not sure how to pm you on the forum but would like to talk more about having you take a look. I am headed to DIA on friday night and will be out of town from saturday to thursday if there's a way to connect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom