Need Measurements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.yankeetoys.org
Hey All,

Suppose someone had a 1964 FJ45L-V that had a 327 in it at one time and the PO cut out all of the forward engine mounts. And this someone is putting a 1987 2F in its place. He has the motor mounts cut off of the FJ60 frame. So anyone have measurements as to how far back they need to be on the '64 frame? Thanks.

Pics would be even better :D

I tell you what. I'll be glad to send you the "F" mounts from my '67 FJ45LV if you want! I can give you measurements too. Keep me in mind for more of the LV repro parts. Remember that the '60 frame is significantly wider than the FJ45LV so the mounts are not correct if you plan to use the '60 engine mounts that were originally attached to the frame.
Shipping on your tab if you can wait till after Jan. 25 when my kid is back in Michigan from here in Guatemala.

why not just get some from an FJ40? then the rivets line them up w/o error. I took out a v8 in my FJ45 LWB, and just bolted some FJ40 frame mounts inplace in the rivet holes left in the frame from the original removal.

foxfab said:
Got a pic of how they were set up? :D

I'll take one tomorrow.

Hey Brett, I was hoping you'd chime in. Your directions didnt come with what mounts to use on the frame:) So use the FJ40 frame mounts with FJ60 engine mounts?

Thanks

Mike

Mike,
the cast mounts bolted to the engine line up exactly like FJ40/45/55 mounts in terms of hole location, angle etc. Only difference in the pass side is the A/C bracket, which will interfere with the battery tray. Use the fj60 rubber isolators, since the earlier ones for the fJ40 etc, will have a raised lip(surrounding the hole on the early ones, and a stud on the later?) on them that requires the corresponding relief in the cast motor mounts; the later isolators do not have the lip.

Youre good if you use the FJ40 stamped frame mounts re-installed, the FJ60 rubber isolators and the FJ60 engine mount brackets.

Brett
let me get this strait we need the fj40 frame brackets, then fj60 isolators, then fj60 engine brackets to fit a 87'2f to a 64' lv frame?
i didn't notice any rivot holes , but wasn't looking for them either.
and the crossmember just gets bolted up where it falls once the front mounts are attached?
thanks a bunch
Jason

Jason,
I got frame brackets off an FJ40, A fellow on the board did a V8 and ground the rivets down and carefully removed the front(and in my case rear) brackets from the frame. I mounted those to the frame using IIRC 3/8" grade 8 fasteners, through the stock rivet holes. Look carefully along the frame, there are probably indications of where they were, and if not, whack the frame in the suspected areas with a 5 lb sledge and the traces of the outline of the rivet will show. thats how I found mine on a few instances.

After that, both the left and right front FJ60 cast motor mount brackets will work. (LH one is same as any late 2F FJ40 mount-RH one is different only in the fact it is also the mount for the A/C compressor.)

Get late model 2F IE FJ60 rubber isolators for the front-I think they are like 1980 and newer. If you get early ones, you'll need a trip the the machine shop.

As for the crossmember, I didnt use one since I used a tranny/bellhousing from a 1976 FJ40, BUT I would think the FJ60 cross member would work...maybe a late FJ40 one would be best since it will be close to the right width. FJ45 frames taper more slowly than the FJ40 frames, so it shouls be easy to trim down.

Thanks Brett
we already have a new set of isolators (fj60 fronts and crossmember) so I geuss now we just need to get a pair of fj40 frame brackets for the front. I posted up in the wanted section hopefully something will show up.
I'm guna try and rig up the fj60 ac so i will keep the ac motor mount. the battery tray was removed by the PO so i have a fj40 bracket and tray that I will try and fit it to fit to look somewhat factory
thanks again. I am sure i will have more questions:D
Jason

Better late than never!!

Been busy here at school since it's near Christmas with the Christmas drama. We were also without water for two full days so far! It's not unusual to be without water but not for 48 hours (it just adds to the maintenance man's workload, namely me).
Anyways here are the motor mount on frame photos as well as the new shock towers from a '71 FJ40 to replace the worn/wrong ones on my truck. Ignore the hole the PO cut when he installed the wrong shock tower on the drivers side! I guess he couldn't be bothered to stretch his fingers a little like we did on the passenger side.
IMG_5970.JPG
IMG_5971.JPG

Jason,

I missed your post in the wanted section but I have a set of frame mounts on my FJ40 that need to come off. I'd be happy to send them to you for the cost of shipping plus a few bucks for my troubles. I might even have a set already removed in my stash someplace...hafta check.

When I put an FJ60 motor in Junk's '77 FJ45 I used the earlier rubber mounts and '77 2F engine mounts on the front (the newer stuff will work as described though). For the rear I used the stock FJ60 crossmember from an '87 FJ60. Worked slick! I/we were real happy with how it all came together. Bug Junk for some detail pictures.

HTH,
Nick Jennings

J thaks nick i will hit Junk up for some info. don't worry about the mounts I have a set coming already. might need a 60 drive shaft thought:)
just got to get the engine in now.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom