need major help!!! *pixs* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys well finally i got some pics of my progress after everything i still have a bad head gasket so i have to take it all apart again neways heres a list of questions i have because this is my first landcruiser and im already getting myself in trouble lol

#1 anyone have a full step by step vacuum diagram
#2 how to find TDC

really what should i do because i know i need to put the motor to TDC b4 i remove the head thats why i wanted to ask here first any other pointers that you guys think i should watch out for???? neways here are some pics of where im at im leaving to colorado for christmas so its gonna be a while b4 its up n running again but here is where im at i wanna have the head off before i leave to colorado...

here are some pics of my landcruiser and its current state :D

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

and here are some pics of my dads oviously my dad is in better shape he spent more money lol

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Never seen a 60 in Black..

I like it!!!!

OKay, pull the cap off and note where #1 cylinder is.

turn the motor over until the rotor pointes to where #1 is and the BB is lined up with the pointer in the Window above the starter (sometimes there is a small plate covering it. )

what is the BB? and by the rotor you mean the the distributor rotor ?ill have to see about the window and the starter thing...
TwEaK

also put a list together of what to get while everything is taken apart

Spark plug wires
rotor cap
rotor inside
waterpump + gasket (water pump leaks)
Valve cover gasket
thermostat (there isnt one)
3 new Belts
Mechanical Fuel Pump (previous owner put an eletronic one)
Air Filter
Oil + Oil Filter
HeadGasket

also add does anyone know or have a pic of which number is which for the rotor cap? i already unplugged all the wires lol
TwEaK

Did you happen to look at the cap?? most of them are numbered ;)

there is a BB on the flywheel that you can see.

I don't really think it matters to put the engine at TDC before removing the head. I would think you really only need to know TDC if you pull the distributor, but the distributor stays in the block when you pull the head. You should probably get a 2F engine manual the same time you get that emissions manual...have fun.

TwEaK said:
Spark plug wires
rotor cap
rotor inside
waterpump + gasket (water pump leaks)
Valve cover gasket
thermostat (there isnt one)
3 new Belts
Mechanical Fuel Pump (previous owner put an eletronic one)
Air Filter
Oil + Oil Filter
HeadGasket

At the top of this list should be;

Factory service manual
2F engine manual
2F emission manual
Then you can buy all the rest of the stuff, those are the most important tools in your tool box

Get it back together AND HOOK UP SOME OF THOSE VACUUM and AIR HOSES! Find out how it runs with everything hooked up correctly, then start tweaking individual components.

Then, start using complete words... us old farts can't decipher code as well as we used to back in the war...

nial

lol thanks for the info guys well to answer some of the questions

beautfort im located in Miami FL im gonna be moving to tennesee so no there wont be any smogs in any of those states so i really dont need all that junk so i would like to remove it ALL.....

and surfpig sorry for the typing lol im just used to it like that it was all together and running it had a blown headgasket when i purchased the truck the guy told me freshly rebuilt but you know when you buy a car or truck and you see empty bottles of fluids you know theres a problem with it? i found 2 gallons of antifreeze empty in the engine bay i found a bottle of brake fluid some power steering fluid guy didnt tell me was it had a blown head gasket, broken radiator and bad waterpump so im guessing oviously he over heated the motor cause the headgasket to fail so now im left replacing it :D

sounds good ill give you guys an update and see whatsup

TwEaK

the black cruiser had a SC temp tag on it. where did you guys get it? never saw that one for sale

The number 1 position on the cap is the one that the number 1 plug wire runs to. The number 1 plug is the farthest forward sparkplug.

Factory caps have each terminal labled, as do factory plug wires.

Hodag

Just a heads up - Depending on where you're moving in TN, you might have to pass smog. All of the urban areas (and most of the contiguous counties) require an annual test. No smog tests out in the sticks, though. Just something you might want to consider before you tear it all out...

ill be moving to sevierville/pigeon forge

beautfort i bought it about a month ago on ebay the oringal owner turned it into the dealer because he wanted a newer car sat in the lot for a while they threw it on ebay we paid $3600 plus shipping

and i also hope its just a blown headgasket ill be taking more pics tmw guys well see ill give you guys a heads up soon
TwEaK

TwEaK said:
lol thanks for the info guys well to answer some of the questions

beautfort im located in Miami FL im gonna be moving to tennesee so no there wont be any smogs in any of those states so i really dont need all that junk so i would like to remove it ALL.....

and surfpig sorry for the typing lol im just used to it like that it was all together and running it had a blown headgasket when i purchased the truck the guy told me freshly rebuilt but you know when you buy a car or truck and you see empty bottles of fluids you know theres a problem with it? i found 2 gallons of antifreeze empty in the engine bay i found a bottle of brake fluid some power steering fluid guy didnt tell me was it had a blown head gasket, broken radiator and bad waterpump so im guessing oviously he over heated the motor cause the headgasket to fail so now im left replacing it :D

sounds good ill give you guys an update and see whatsup

TwEaK

Dude-I'll sell you a period for $10, then you can reuse it. J/K good luck getting that 60 back on the road.

lol punctuation is just not my thing i suck at it failed english nasty lol i know where to put em an everything but lazyness is crazy!
TwEaK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom