Need Low Profile Mount Crossbars for Eezi-Awn Swift Awning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was recently gifted with an Eezi-Awn Swift by a good friend who was updating their rack and RTT set-up. Our garage precludes such rooftop architecture, with around 6" max of clearance. What I think I'm needing is a couple of gutter-mount low profile rooftop bars. I think I could then bolt up the 2 awning mounts to them and it would still clear the garage door.

The awning is about 5.5" square plus the height of whatever hardware might protrude above the mount on the bar. The roof seems to nave about a rise of 4" between the gutter top and crest of the roof. Thus, to just clear the tops of the doors so they open, I might end up with the awning only protruding above the roof about 2". If I can find the right low-profile bars where I could attach the two mounts to, finding the right set of low-profile mounting crossbars might work.

Otherwise, it's something we'd use only on long trips and temporarily attaching it for that is a backup method if I can't find low enough profile bars to do a perma-mount to fit through the door with it mounted. I've pretty much discarded using a strictly one-sided gutter mount affair as not being up to the needs of a Land Cruiser.

I had a Swift in the past. If you are looking to mount it as close to the top of the door when open, the awning bracket will be the decider more so than the rack or crossbars it’s mounted to. Couldn’t quite tell in your above post but you DO want to get a set of crossbars to mount the awning to, correct?

Yes, do need the crossbars as I don't like the engineering of trying to do gutter mount and nothing else.

The brackets seem to be adjustable in some respects. Currently they look set up to hanging over the side, like a saddle bag would. If I can get a bar that would put them with the high point on the EZ Awn about 3" above the roof, they could both clear the bottom of the garage door along with the tops of the truck doors.

The FrontRunner cross bars are the lowest profile ones I've ever seen for an 80. With your factory roof rack removed the bottom of the cross bar almost sits on top of the rubber ribs running from front to back. Super happy my FrontRunner/IronMan awning combo. Here is some pictures from the thread that made me decide to purchase them... (post #116)

Here are some versions of L brackets and T brackets mounted to a bar. You shouldn’t have an issue getting the awning as low as possible. I’d suggest Rhino Rack, Front Runner or Gamiviti gutter mounts. In the pic here I have Rhino Rack RL110S legs to a 60” HD crossbar. The bottom of this crossbar is 3/4” above the metal roof.
2A9CB8E3-6FEB-46CA-AB39-A3AA60F1A522.jpeg
059972F2-14A1-4712-9BBA-0A17EA4D30AA.jpeg
8E6976F4-6529-4D40-B1DF-4D25C61376D6.jpeg

The FrontRunner cross bars are the lowest profile ones I've ever seen for an 80. With your factory roof rack removed the bottom of the cross bar almost sits on top of the rubber ribs running from front to back. Super happy my FrontRunner/IronMan awning combo. Here is some pictures from the thread that made me decide to purchase them... (post #116)

Thanks to you and Shoredreamer for that info. I'll still do some due diligence on the Frontrunner bars and gutter clamps, however, they do look like they'll work on first impression. The bracket in the first pic that Shoredreamer posted is probably the way I'd rig things to clear everything. Best thing is I have no previous rack up top, being one of the relatively few "slick" ones that came without.

Thanks to you and Shoredreamer for that info. I'll still do some due diligence on the Frontrunner bars and gutter clamps, however, they do look like they'll work on first impression. The bracket in the first pic that Shoredreamer posted is probably the way I'd rig things to clear everything. Best thing is I have no previous rack up top, being one of the relatively few "slick" ones that came without.
The way I mounted mine is similar to Shoredreamer's pictures, except my L brackets are attached to the top of the cross bar and then pointed down. Even then the only added "height" is the thickness of the bracket and the nuts on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom