Need laptop for lab environment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm a network engineer and need a system for a lab I'm putting together. I know there are a few of us who work with computers so I thought I'd post here before trying my luck on craigslist.

Let me know what you have and what you need for it.

Thanks,

B

Try Msahr - hes a computer [STRIKE]geek [/STRIKE] guy. :D

Lab as in you need a computer that cna handle chemicals and a sterile environment?
We use toughbooks in our labs...good stuff in the past few years. old ones were crap.

I have a tough book for the trail...NO...this lab is all computers. Same concept though...break, fix, experiment, in an environment that mirrors the real world without affecting users, customers, or the enterprises.

I still have one extra CF-18:hmm:

If it is just computer and the environment is not a worry, build your own. It is much cheaper. I have not bought a computer (except the Toughbook thanks to Rob) in :idea: WOW! it has been 19 years. It pissed me off the last one I bought because the internal hardware did not get along with one another. When you build your own you know what hardware is in there and if built right, no conflicts.

If it is just computer and the environment is not a worry, build your own. It is much cheaper. I have not bought a computer (except the Toughbook thanks to Rob) in :idea: WOW! it has been 19 years. It pissed me off the last one I bought because the internal hardware did not get along with one another. When you build your own you know what hardware is in there and if built right, no conflicts.

I've been out of the desktops for a while. I used to put my own, and others, system together using the components I thought were the best. Now I just use laptops at home. I don't game anymore so I don't have the need for power or graphics. I still own a few servers but they are rack mounted and sitting in a data center.

I don't want to have to source, and find space for, a monitor and tower...what I need can fit inside a little box with a small footprint.

Try Msahr - hes a computer [STRIKE]geek [/STRIKE] guy. :D

:flipoff2:

I have a Dell Inspiron. Not the fastest thing out there. Cheap tho. PM me is interested...

Geek... LOL thanks Murf.

I have a laptop laying around the house collecting dust. I am out of town this weekend for a show and will send you information when I get back. It is not fast but functional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom