Need Knoxville FJ40 Mechanic (Possibly Builder?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First post on here and never participated in any forums, so forgive my ignorance here! I live in Knoxville, TN and own several FJ40s (mostly 70s models). Unfortunately I know very little about working on them (or the MIL Humvee that I recently picked up... happy to take recommendations on that one as well)!

I have a '70 FJ40 that I got out of TX (the classic looking red one pictured below) with a Chevy 350 conversion (I'm not a purist so it didn't break my heart) and need to have someone do a few things here and there to make her street worthy. For starters, it has no electrical wiring hooked up. The guy I bought it off included a generic wiring harness and gauge cluster for it (one of the new ones that looks original) and I just need to find someone qualified to hook it all up. It needs some TLC here and there, and I would love to know of someone who likes working on these, either full or part time, and who could help me out cost effectively.

I also have five parts trucks that I would like to turn into two, maybe three trail rigs (and then sell whatever is left that I don't use/need). Most of the parts are pictured on the other pictures attached. I will use the black one and the white one for the first two trail rigs and then maybe the baby blue one as a rougher build. I also have a couple more frames, a complete roof with glass and other odds and ends that aren't pictured). I would LOVE to find someone to help me build those trail rigs out. Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome. I'd consider any offers for the parts that I don't need (I'll have at least three, maybe four extra frames left when the dust settles).

Thanks!

- Kyle Baisley (865-719-7071)

IMG_0267.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

Red FJ40.PNG

Got a friend that can work on it. Jake, I can give you the info. He is available to work now.

I'd love to speak with Jake. Can you shoot me over his contact info?

I reached out to the folks over at Rocky Top Customz earlier today and spoke with a guy named Jay. He seemed to be interested so I am going to try to get him over to look at everything in the near future as well. I'd welcome any feedback you guys have on that outfit. Their focus appears to be a bit more on Jeeps but I have heard good things about them.

Cool, yes I know Jay from Rocky top customz. I'm glad that you talked with my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom