Need interior photos how rear amby door hinges mount on 1975 - 08/76 FJ40s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for pictures of how Toyota designed the mounting points for the bottom rear amby door hinges on 40s built between 1975 - 08/76 (interior shots of what's circled in green below). What do these points look like from inside the vehicle? Covered or exposed?

fj40b.jpg

I've seen firsthand how the lower hinges are mounted on a 09/1976 FJ40- the nuts were inside the metal post, both tub and hardtop side. However, the interior nuts on both bottom hinges of my 02/1976 40 are completely exposed. Does not appear any metal was cut away, but I wouldn't put it past the PO. Should the nuts (and tail light wiring) be covered here?

Please share any pix you have!

Thanks, exactly what I was looks for.

Are there nuts in those plates/brackets or do they go on the outside of them?

IIRCC no nuts, the plate is threaded
1 plate for each mount
the plate "floats" in the mount

Ah I see. So similar to the floating plates used elsewhere on the 40. Got it.

Thanks a ton guys. I see what needs to be done now.

There is a upper and lower plate. The cover is only spot-welded in between the two plates. My 79 was missing one plate. Was real easy to replace it with one from rear quarter off a 78. Just bend out a little and slide the plate in. As far as I know this setup was used from 4/72 when hard ambulance doors started in some markets until the end of production of the 40 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom