Need ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The adjustment bolt for my alt / power steering idler pulley snapped. The bolt that holds the pulley on to the bracket is starting to strip. Shy of pulling the radiator and attacking full on from the front, anyone have any ideas on how to pull it? I have the idler pulley from the AC belt available to swap in, but don't want to risk fubar'ing the existing idler pulley any further. I've already hit the radiator a few times, and don't want to risk puncturing it.

Did you ever get this fixed? Just saw the post.

Not yet, going to tackle it tomorrow. The pulley was making some serious noise (rattles) between 3200 and 3400 rpm's, that's when i tried to tighten it, and the adjustment bolt snapped off. If i can get the other half of the bolt removed, i can reuse the pulley, otherwise i'm going to use the one from the AC belt since that is no longer used.

damn that sucks.

you have a pic of the damages?
might give me some ideas on how to fix.

i'll take a pic when i get home. The only real challenge is getting to it. Its just close enough to the fan to cause me brain damage. the AC belt idler pulley is easy to get at through the wheel well, and from inside the engine bay, and since i removed that belt, i can use it as a replacement.

We're going camping at Rollins Lake this weekend to celebrate our engagement, so i want to get all the little crap done tomorrow.

enagement?! nice man. congrats!!!

Thanks. Soooo, got the idler fixed, and found the real culprit of the noise, my water pump is going out. The shaft is loose, and at 3200rpm's the belts and pulley start moving. The noise i am hearing is the impeller inside the housing hitting the housing.....great!

Awe dude no way! Still gonna go on your trip?

Well, decided to dig in yesterday and replace the pump. Got the front torn down, and guess what i find.....it's not the water pump. It was my freaking alternator, the main shaft had gone out. I'm surprised it was still working, but thank goodness for Napa's lifetime replacement warranty, and thank goodness i dint have to tear into the coolant system, i just got it dialed in!!!!!

On the plus side, once that was done, i also got the light bar installed.
20140510_172449.jpg

Yeah buddy! That's bad ass!

Wirer get some small LEDs or buy a cheap universal HID kit and convert your Hellas.

Looks like i can get some of the smaller 4.5" leds, they'll be smaller than the Hella's, but i'm willing to bet much brighter. I'm already running 100watt bulbs in them, but this MT bumper was designed around 6" lights, not 7"ers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom