Need help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to the FJ62 family and the LC scene in general. Any information or help is greatly appreciated. Need to replace the entire brake system and most of the body is rusted. Trying to find salvage yards or used body parts. Thanks in advance.
30EB8C2D-9EE1-4B9B-9D07-F45C8D3423B8.jpeg

welcome to mud @Jlum03. you do know that you've started down a rabbit hole where even angels fear to tread, don't you :flipoff2:
there's few mud members in hawaii. @Aloha Jen comes to mind, maybe reach out to her
Haha I’ve heard about the rabbit hole and I think I’m ready 🤦🏽‍♂️. Thanks for the heads up tho!

I would consider long and hard whether that body is worth restoring - there appears to be a tremendous amount of rust in hard to fix places. Check the frame very carefully before you go any further.

which island? going to Kauai tomorrow for 9 days
problem for you will be the shipping, most likely anything local will be rusty also and anything from the mainland will be pricey to get to you.

X2 on @Aloha Jen

Last edited:
IMHO, it will cost way more to fix that rig than buy one in better shape. Either put in the minimum to get it safe and reliable to drive or get something else.

Well....If the body panels are that roached out, I'd take a hard look at the frame.
Like some have suggested it may be a bit to far gone to save.
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom