Need help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to look at a 1991 80 series today and I need to know what to look for. The rig has 175,000 mile on it. Is it worth it for me to by a compression tester and check the engine? The cruiser is supposed to have a 5" lift and 35" tires under it. I saw it for sale on autotrader.com and I thought I would go look at it. I just need to know what stuff I should be looking for on this rig. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

make sure it is properly geared or you could out walk it on the highway :D

:mad: If it is the one on autotrader.com in Orlando, don't bother. It looks really half-a$$ done. I haven't looked at it personally (I already have a 91), but I would avoid it. I get the impression that he was going for the "bling" instead of quality. If that's what you are looking for, then go for it, but I think you would be better off getting the "mall" version and doing it yourself. Welcome to the board and where are you at?

I'd be really cautious buying an 80 with a lift, especially one that big. Apart from possible issues with how well it was done, that truck has presumably been offroad a fair bit and will have its fair share of unexplained rattles, issues and quirks to show for it. Get a mall cruiser, lift it yourself with OME, then you can do your own trail damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom