1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help!

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by CRUIZIN-FL, Feb 15, 2004.

1. CRUIZIN-FL

CRUIZIN-FL

I am going to look at a 1991 80 series today and I need to know what to look for. The rig has 175,000 mile on it. Is it worth it for me to by a compression tester and check the engine? The cruiser is supposed to have a 5" lift and 35" tires under it. I saw it for sale on autotrader.com and I thought I would go look at it. I just need to know what stuff I should be looking for on this rig. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. TomH

TomH SILVER Star

3. DanKunz

DanKunz SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    make sure it is properly geared or you could out walk it on the highway :D

4. Seminole

Seminole

:mad: If it is the one on autotrader.com in Orlando, don't bother. It looks really half-a$$ done. I haven't looked at it personally (I already have a 91), but I would avoid it. I get the impression that he was going for the "bling" instead of quality. If that's what you are looking for, then go for it, but I think you would be better off getting the "mall" version and doing it yourself. Welcome to the board and where are you at?

5. semlin

semlin discouraged user

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd be really cautious buying an 80 with a lift, especially one that big. Apart from possible issues with how well it was done, that truck has presumably been offroad a fair bit and will have its fair share of unexplained rattles, issues and quirks to show for it. Get a mall cruiser, lift it yourself with OME, then you can do your own trail damage.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">