Need help with wheel wells on 97 LX450

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Let me first start off by saying that you guys/gals have been great and I just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome into the Landcruiser/LC450 community.

Anyways, I just recently noticed that my wheel wells have road tar all over them. I did some thread searching and noticed that the consensus is not to undercoat the wheel wells. With this said, what do you guys recommend for my wheel wells...should I paint them and if so what paint do you suggest? I know its more of a cosmetic issue, but I want my rig to look good and right now with all of the tar spots in my wheel wells it looks rough. Also, how do you get some of the tar off? Thank you

You should get the biggest tires possible so you can't see inside the wheel wells :D

You should get the biggest tires possible so you can't see inside the wheel wells :D

:lol: Then take it out and flex it to max to rub any excess under there off ;) lol.

kerosene on a towel, that stuff will melt away like butter.

I did some searches and could not find out why not undercoat wheelwells?

If you want them to look nice all the time, I think you need to schedule regular maintenance.

Clean them with kersone, like azrider suggested, then spray paint them black - every 3 or 4 months.

its LX450 not LC450....wheel wells? what wheel wells?
landcruiser1.JPG

Let me first start off by saying that you guys/gals have been great and I just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome into the Landcruiser/LC450 community.

We're only nice to you on your first thread. After that, you'll get your ration of cr@p like you're getting now. :D

Personally, I like the suggestion to just rub off the tar by stuffing the wheels on some tough obstacles. In fact, I think I'll spend all next week doing just that. CM09 here we come!

The kerosene suggestion will work too.

:cheers:

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom