need help with speedometer sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rockcrawler
i bought an electronic VDO speedometer and a speed sensor from summit racing. the sensor screws into the transfer case but isn't sending any info to the speedometer. summit says the sensor isn't compatible with toyota even though it fits. does anyone have any idea what i can use to send info to the new speedometer?
71 fj40 btw

Call Nevada speedometer, explain to them what you are trying to do. If anyone can help you, I am certain they can.

NEVADA SPEEDOMETER 878 MARIETTA WAY SPARKS, NV 89431 Phone: 775-358-7422

You are probably going to need a small cable to go between the stock speedo drive and a different signal generator in order to make this work, or some other type of signal generator...

They made me a cable to go between my Atlas and my Toyota speedo head...it works great.

:beer:

Good luck!

-Steve

If I remember correctly, toyotas require a 2 pulse signal. Jags that run has the sensor. bolts right up. If the sensor bolts to the transfer case and doesn't work, either the tine is to short and not spinning or the signal is not being sent. Or the wrong signal is being sent. Look at jags that run and I think they have a check prrocedure.

I am also in the same situation. I need an electronic speedo sensor for my 78 fj40 transfer case that goes to an electronic autometer gauge. Anyone know a good easy solution, or should I just call up nevada speedometer and have them hook me up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom