Need help with some issues. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone I am new to the IH8mud forum. I have a 1970 Land Cruiser with a straight 6 and just had it worked on. Once i got it back from the mechanic shop that did some work on my brakes and the clutch. I am seeing that when I hit the brakes it makes the brake paddle go up and down. And i have to pump the clutch several of time to be able to shift gears. I do not want to take it back to him and seeing if i could get some help on here on what to do about both of these issues. The other day i was letting it sit in the yard and run and i noticed it was starting to run hot so i turned it off. Once it cooled down i washed out the radiator and tried it again and it ran hot as well. The fan looks a little small on it. Should I change out the fan to a bigger size? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to get it running right so me and my wife can drive it around more.

Check both fluid containers first!
Then for the clutch crawl under and crack the 10mm bleeder screw at the slave....I just let it bleed till clear and no bubbles.
Next use the same 10mm wrench to crack all five brake blenders.
Start at the furthest wheel rear pass, ds pass, LSPV, ps front, ds front.
Keep an eye on fluid because you don't want to empty the reservoirs.
I'm old and lazy so I just let gravity do its thing....a one person job and if your not satisfied bleed the system again.

Hello everyone I am new to the IH8mud forum. I have a 1970 Land Cruiser with a straight 6 and just had it worked on. Once i got it back from the mechanic shop that did some work on my brakes and the clutch. I am seeing that when I hit the brakes it makes the brake paddle go up and down. And i have to pump the clutch several of time to be able to shift gears. I do not want to take it back to him and seeing if i could get some help on here on what to do about both of these issues. The other day i was letting it sit in the yard and run and i noticed it was starting to run hot so i turned it off. Once it cooled down i washed out the radiator and tried it again and it ran hot as well. The fan looks a little small on it. Should I change out the fan to a bigger size? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to get it running right so me and my wife can drive it around more.

Did you burp the air out of the cooling system?

I don’t know what this means, “when I hit the brakes it makes the brake paddle go up and down”.

Sounds like the mechanic didn’t properly bleed the clutch.

Edit: WELCOME!!

Also if its getting hot at idle try increasing the revs a little. More air flow and coolant flow

Don’t do this. Find and fix the actual cooling system issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom