need help with solid paint colors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Story short, my brother-in-law works for a paint company and due to a mistake I have a chance of picking up some poly-urathane base/clear for $40 a gallon. he has set 3 gallons aside for me cause he knew I wanted to get to my body on my rig this summer. Heres the catch. It can only be a solid color no metalics or pearls. I've been wearing this website out since I found that out looking at other peeps rigs and my times running out. I have till monday to get it figured out. #1, I dont want black. I was thinking corsa red to match my racebike and trailer. But I could not find any pics of an 80 that was close to that color. If anybody has pictures of any 80 in red, or yellow,blue, or any other solid color, please send me a pic. I'm open to any color. I have till monday to decide so help me out guys with some pics. In the mean time I'm going to comb the site looking at everything I can. OOh I have an arb front & back so keep in mind bumpers f/r will be blk as with all my trim. I would paint them but I think I need some kind of offset color. But hey I havnt seen any ever painted on an 80 except for a white truck and it just didnt do it for me everything being white.

Anybody? Ive found pics of a yellow 80. looked good but pics were small. Still trying to find a pic of a red one.

just got mine back from paint this week....dunno if its a color to ur liking.....but here it is anyways :)
P1020730.jpg

Here's a red one:
truckhaven%202010%20002.jpg

i've seen sand color and army green, both look sweet.

There are a few people that have chosen sand stone with a white top; looks good.

I really like Paul's color choice. Looks like the audi tt creamy gray. Very nice.

D

My favorites have been:

dune (think i his name is Tex..... something)
burnt orange of some sort (darker than metal techs)
and white.

I think a Tan or Desert Sand always looks good with black bumpers. Or a OD or darker green.
Red if you want to stand out, one of my other suggestions if you want to blend in with the wheeling background.

Last edited:
Wow thanks guys! These pics and link are sweet! Ive managed to buy myself a few extra days by paying for it over the phone and letting them know I'll be in this week with the color sample for them to mix it up. Theres a hummer dealership close by and the red one they had got me thinking red cause it looked really good and so on, but after seeing a few in red there still awsome just a little louder than I think i want. I do agree about the sand or tan color. I'm 90% sure those are the color lines I'm going after. I really like the sahara esq look that color gives them. And it makes the monster flat black bumpers and racks melt right into the lines of the truck. The drab green looked good to me too. It's along those desert/adventure colors. After having grey colored vehicals for the last 20 yrs I had planned to shoot it in a new color, just not right now and only have a couple of days to figure out what my new color was going to be. But you guys have came thru for me with pics to help me figure it out fast and I thank you for that! I still have 4-5 days yet to hammer it down. You never know

You owe us pics when done ;) :flipoff2:

I'm going to try to get on this asap. Got 2 honey-do projects and then clear up some space in the garage I'm on it. I have a butt load of little areas that need repair patches and dent work done then I should be good to go. I can thank my neighbors for that one. 3 of the 4 board people who run my town live houses away so the city guys salted the everloving crap out of our street this year for brownie points but all it did was eat up our cars. Even on my wifes 3 yr old car scratches became bubbles and on mine the bubbles I was gonna get to before they got too bad became holes. Burned me up but if I would have done it last October I would be reading posts about wheres the best spot for my gps threads. Lol. Its almost my theme words " Man, if I would have done it..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom