Need help with shaking side mirrors and knock sound (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dear all;

I have two problems with my 92 model. First is that my side mirrrors vibrates a lot. How can I fix it? The second is that I hve strong knocking sound when it shifts or when I fit the gas pedal firmly. Is the problem fixable except for replacing the drive train?

Thanks
Greg

The rear view mirrors have a adjustment screw you can get to from underneith. see if tighening it helps, if not search as there are threads pertaining to removing the glass and using silicone to help hold the mirror steady.
Good luck

If the mirrors vibrate a lot, the mounts behind the glass may be broken. You can repair with "liquid nails" type glue if you open up the mirror housing. Be careful, it's kind of awkward, you kind of need three hands for this job.

Also the knocking sound - is it a single "klunk" or a repeated knocking?

OZCAL said:
If the mirrors vibrate a lot, the mounts behind the glass may be broken. You can repair with "liquid nails" type glue if you open up the mirror housing. Be careful, it's kind of awkward, you kind of need three hands for this job.

Also the knocking sound - is it a single "klunk" or a repeated knocking?

I'll go with OZCAL on this one. There's a pretty good chance your screws have come loose behind the mirror. You can verify by removing the mirror, unscrewing the one screw in the bottom and lifting the mirror off the two hooks at the top, but putting it back will be a job needing patience and a steady hand used to working tight spaces with little or no tolerance. Sort of like a watchmaker.

Once opened, everything is self explanatory and in easy reach. Good luck getting it all back together again.

Kalawang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom