Need help with Oil pump bolt. A pic maybe? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wagonteeth

Hippoverde
Threads
I'm putting my engine back together after finally getting the head machined. It's been down and apart for 3 years and I'm surprised with how many parts and bolts I kept up with, labeled, bagged and such, but I'm running into a couple missing or misplaced bolts. These are the two nuts and bolts that go through the oil pump. I think that they go in from the back of the pump drive and secure with a nut on the front by (or through) the timing cover.

Thing is I can't find a clear picture anywhere, or the bolts and nuts listed on any parts list. Anyone have a moment to snap a clear, well lit picture of the timing cover by the oil pump cover and these two bolts? These aren't the 7 screws, but there is one nut/bolt below the timing cover and one just above it at the oil pump cover.

oil pump cover.jpeg

The top hole on the outside of the O-ring is going to be for the idler pulley for the belts running the alternator. Don't think the other is a bolt as it looks like an access to the pressure relief valve.

Perfect flintknapper. That gives me an idea. Thanks you sir!

Ppc, the bolts and nuts in question are the bottom right nut under the bottom right screw hole for the pump cover amd then the other is the nut just above the idle pulley hole.

I have one of them, but not the other.

Odd thing is that I cant find anything on the oil pump drive that mounts behind the oil pump gears.

Ah, epiphany! It's the power steering pump behind the oil pump that I'm looking for. Duh and damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom