Need Help with My "F" Engine! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am living in Washington DC and I know that my "F" engine is in bad shape. It runs ok, even though it has started back firing and sputtering. Mostly the sputtering happens when it is cold and the backfiring happens when the engine is hot and I am letting off the accelerator. The engine has a very noticeable loss of power and feels like it is missing when you step on the throttle. I need to know if there is anyone in MD, PA, VA, DC that is a good "F" mechanic? I don't want to sink a lot of money into this engine, but i want it to run for another year until I can get a swap figured out. Help!!

Thanks,
Ryan.

sound like a carb/fuel issue more than a motor issue. Maybe ignition but prolly carb

Sorry, Newbie mistake.... I guess was referring to the "Engine" as a whole; carb, intake, ignition, engine, exhuast. I am looking for someone that has a good grip on all of these things so that I can get the engine "tuned up" and running better.

Ryan.

I'm a two hour ride up 95...in Avondale, PA. Should you want to drive up sometime I'd happy to help you out.

Ryan,

Have you (or can you) slip in a new set of plugs? You may find a significant improvement from something just that simple. That's not the only thing going on according to your description but I think you'll like the results.
Rice

You may want to use Toyota or Nippon plugs. The PO had Bosch in my FJ40 and I think they ran a little hot. Swapped out for Nippon plugs and I noticed the difference.

Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom