Need help with mounting front mudflaps on an LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a set of front mudflaps for my LX450, but having a hard time figuring out how to actually mount these. There appear to be 3 mounting points per front flap. One of them matches with a square grommet already in the body. Two line up with the cutouts in the flare (see the pics below, marked in red).

I purchased grommets (90189-6196) and screws (90159-60416).

Two questions:
(1) I can't figure how to fit the grommets into the cutouts in the flare. Are these grommets the rights ones?
(2) If these are the right grommets, are these the right screws to use with these grommets? Do I just screw them in. I tried fitting them by hand but they seem like they're not quite right -- screw in a little tough (like self-tapping screws).

IMG_4516 (annotated).jpg

IMG_4520 (annotated).jpg

IMG_4537.jpg

I think your second picture has two clues. (square peg//square hole).

Dont recall what is behind the circled parts to receive a screw.

Yeah, that's what I originally had thought too. But, that square hole in the body without a grommet doesn't line up with any of the holes on the front mud flap.

You should have a mudflap and an extension of the fender flare that the flap mounting holes. It looks like you missing the paint matched bottom flare extensions.

Hmmm, thanks for the insight. Prior owner removed the stock running boards so never knew what it looked like before.

Sounds like I’m missing a piece? Anyone have any pics they could share?

Sorry, just realized that it's all one piece, not sure why I thought was two pieces. This is stock flares with Slee Sliders

Tools R US is right. Just an example but you're missing a clip like the attached.

4CUG7_AS01.jpeg

Thanks @zpilot! Looks like it might be part number 90183-06016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom