Need help with ACSD and expertise wth injection pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Old post revival.
The Cruiser is parked in the garage for the winter, and I am looking for a job to do while parked. I went out to take a look after reading all the threads I could on this, but could not really see what all is removed. With the limited light in the garage I could barely see the parts to be removed. My FSM is missing currently. I have had my cruise cut out a few times last summer and hope the pin is still intact, and I have no leaking.
Any help would be great! And I have read all I could find but may have missed a few posts/ pictures.

Just finished the ACSD removal, and figured I would post my few comments.
I started to strip the 5mm allen key. So i removed the 12mm nut holding the spring thingy on. removed spring and then had a clear view to all the 5mm heads. I found this worked great and saved me drilling out the bolts.

New parts:

No damage on old ACSD:

I like how they charge $22 for a blanking plate made in India :rolleyes: The person who makes them probably doesnt get $22 a week.

I like how they charge $22 for a blanking plate made in India :rolleyes: The person who makes them probably doesnt get $22 a week.

I second that... Greed at its best... Then again, Apple sells its iPhone $600 while it costs them EIGHT DOLLARS to manufacture it in China... No wonder so many folks jump from the roofs. But let's not get started in a political discussion that could veer off into heavily heated, off-topic debate...

MeafordMike, you mention that you stripped your allen key - why didn't you upgrade to torx head bolts instead?

In any case: nice to see there was no damage on the ACSD. The only drawback I have found since replacing the ACSD with a blanking plate is that when warm the idle tends to be a bit high.

I ended up buying a pre made kit and had a piece I was a bit confused of where the heck I would put it.
I'll post a shot of it up tomorrow.

Tapage said:
where do you get it meafordmike .?

It looks to be identical to what I received from Fred Holmes Fuel Injection, but I also received a short length of hose and a couple hose clamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom