Need help, what are these hoses for in 3F engine? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
People,
Doing some maintenance last week, I had a flush on the power steering, rebuilt it, and then install it back. Somehow these two cables are on the "loose", they surely look like air is going through them but cannot find where it goes.
Hint: close to the air filter but checked close to the air intake, the manifold and it's not missing anything.
IMG_9982 (2).jpeg
IMG_9983 (1).jpeg

Thanks, man,
Yeah, I just double-checked and saw that the lines are going to the air filter. I have a Safari snorkel and probably that could be hoses that going to the air filter??

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

Thanks,
My understanding is that they are going to the top of the engine block am I right?
I just rechecked close to the top air module but didn't see anything missing at all.
I will post some pictures here as well.
IMG_0157.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg

Now have some time to look at your pictures closely. I am positive you have a couple vacuum lines hooked up incorrectly. Mostly between the air intake and the manifold. Look at this diagram closely and trace the lines and cross reference the diagram. It is a bit confusing. But I think I saw the problems

3FE_VACUUMLINES.jpg

Start from the intake box, trace the lines, those are not hooked up and obviously something is not hooked up correctly on the emission side and not seeing correet vacuum, and your EGR might not be working properly.

There are 2 vacuum lines that go into the distributor cap. I do not see them on what appears to be an aftermarket Cap. Your pictures do not show the Dizzy cap very well. They are larger than the other vacuum lines and are 2 different sizes. Are yours connected?

I think we just found the problem. I saved the old distributor cap, any thoughts about the condition?
IMG_0372.jpeg

IMG_0371.jpeg

The only reason that I changed the OEM is that I was doing a full tune-up and just added a new cap supposedly high quality from Napa Auto Parts. Probably I can re-install this one instead, any recommendations?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I think we just found the problem. I saved the old distributor cap, any thoughts about the condition?

The only reason that I changed the OEM is that I was doing a full tune-up and just added a new cap supposedly high quality from Napa Auto Parts. Probably I can re-install this one instead, any recommendations?
Thanks in advance
Instead of playing games with used non-OEM parts for the ignition system, do yourself a favor and get new OEM parts. The 3FE will spit aftermarket ignition parts back at you and you'll wind up doing it twice.
3FE dissy cap: 19101-61240
3FE dissy rotor: 19102-61240
3FE dissy gasket: 19127-61240
3FE plug wire set: 90919-21503
3FE plugs: 90919-01091

Can be purchased from any Toyota dealer or as a package from:
3FE Tune-Up Master Kit - https://absolute-wits-end.com/3fe-tune-up-master-kit/

The OEM cap looks like this: Black with "DENSO" across the top. HINT: DENSO should be facing you when you install the cap.
1649858632215.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom