Need help w/ Con-ferr Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.billetriflesystems.com
Happy Saturday fellow mudders...

I picked up this Con-Ferr rack on CL a few months back for $300 or so. Good thing i brought extra cash, as i also picked up a spare transfer case for $50 with a near mint shifter knob (which i had just ordered one for $40!)

Wasn't really interested in the standard black color so i had my local powder coating company (Altizer Powder Coating in Mound House, NV) do their best to match the toyota white that my roof and wheels are painted. I think it turned out really nice, it's not a perfect match, but i think it's going to look great. Worse case, if i get sick of it, it was only $200 to have the entire rack w/ brackets blasted and coated.

I went to install it the other day and I couldn't get very far. Eventually, i figured out that the brackets are all different shapes and sizes... I was thinking the front two would be shorter because the roof is tapered towards the front, but it looks like i've got quite the mess of brackets (nicely powdercoated btw!).

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Anyone have brackets laying around that they would be willing to part with?

I'm pretty new to this but I'm becoming quite interested in collecting these Con-Ferr parts... picked up a rear bench seat a few weeks ago too!

Any help is appreciated!

IMG_9585[1].JPG

IMG_9579[1].JPG

IMG_9584[1].JPG

IMG_9590[1].JPG

IMG_9587[1].JPG

All brackets are supposed to be identical, they merely mount into different holes in the roof rack as the front of the roof narrows.

Looks to me like they are just bent. If you have a fabric measuring tape you could check the overall length.

^^ I have that same rack and over the years some of the brackets have bent a little.

If you really want to go through the effort you could mount the brackets to the rack and set it on level ground. That would show how "off" the brackets are. I've had to tweak mine on more than one occasion.

That is one of the reasons Conferr moved away from that style of bracket to the one I offer now. Before putting effort into sorting out that mess, just take the four tallest brackets and mount them to the four outside corners and see if the rack even clears the fiberglass in the middle.

Best

Mark

www.marksoffroad.net

That is one of the reasons Conferr moved away from that style of bracket to the one I offer now. Before putting effort into sorting out that mess, just take the four tallest brackets and mount them to the four outside corners and see if the rack even clears the fiberglass in the middle.

Best

Mark

www.marksoffroad.net
Hey Mark, can you post up a picture of your new mount? Are you back in town from your time off enough to sell me some?

The brackets are pictured on the specials page of my website. They are also buried in the classifieds.

Yes, I am back in town and ready for all the VM messages of those who have been patiently waiting. Still as unlikely as ever to reply to PMs. Thanks for your interest.

Mark's current brackets. They come raw. These I painted silver.
20170627_085339.jpg
20170627_085333.jpg

I could use a set of rack mounts as well, but noticed you want $100 min order?

Those brackets are "beefy. My originals were stamped. That's why they've bent over the years.

I could use a set of rack mounts as well, but noticed you want $100 min order?

These brackets cost $27.95 each. One would need at least 4. You met the threshold.

The mounting holes for the top bracket to the bottom bracket are slotted which will allow for some minor adjustment to adapt the feet to an uneven plane. IE an arched drip rail or similar.

What I did was snug the brackets down on the drip rails and the top-most brackets-to-rack tight. I left the bracket-to-bracket bolts finger tight. This allowed the upper brackets to orient themselves to keep from applying uneven pressure to the roof or the rack.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom