need help, truck locks with keys in ignition w/running (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is the 5th time this has happened. I start my 1996 LX450, let it warm up, come back in 5 minutes and the truck locks the doors with the key in the ignition. I have read the owners manual thinking there is a setting for this, but to no avail. Also, every now and again, when i press the top button on oem remote door lock, i will get a single "chirp" for lock and two "chirps" for unlock.....but the auto locking doors is becoming a pain in my butt. Is there any way to make this not lock automatically when running/warming up? Thank you........please dont tell me to keep the windows rolled down as that is the last resort.

This is the 5th time this has happened. I start my 1996 LX450, let it warm up, come back in 5 minutes and the truck locks the doors with the key in the ignition. I have read the owners manual thinking there is a setting for this, but to no avail. Also, every now and again, when i press the top button on oem remote door lock, i will get a single "chirp" for lock and two "chirps" for unlock.....but the auto locking doors is becoming a pain in my butt. Is there any way to make this not lock automatically when running/warming up? Thank you........please dont tell me to keep the windows rolled down as that is the last resort.

Mine has done that ONLY if I reach in from the passenger side, with the door open, and start the car (easiest the way my garage is situated). I realized that, from the passenger door side, it locks as soon as I turn the ignition key so I just unlock before I shut the passenger door. Mine has not locked itself when starting from the driver's side with the door open or shut. Nor has it just locked itself later when starting from the passenger side.
Are you sitting in the driver's seat when starting? I recall that after I start mine from the driver's side it only auto locks once I put it in drive. I'll check and see if that's correct and get back to you.

no, i usually just open drivers door, reach in , start and walk away.......i am CERTAIN the doors are unlocked when i walk away.

THANKS GUYS !!!!!

Automatic Door Locking / Unlocking Function:

The factory setting for the automatic door locking and unlocking function is on.

1: Sit in the drivers seat with the drivers door open.

2: Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it to on (not acc) 5 times (on-lock, on-lock, on-lock, on-lock, on) within a 10 second period. The status monitors LED turns on, and the piezo chirper sounds once.
***You must perform the next steps within 30 seconds***
Select the operating mode:

Automatic door locking and unlocking on: Close the drivers door. Turn the ignition switch to the lock position. The piezo chirper sounds once, and the exterior lights flash once.

Automatic door locking and unlocking off: Close the drivers door once, then open and close it one more time. Turn the ignition switch to the lock position. The piezo chirper sounds twice, and the exterior lights flash twice.

If you do not turn the ignition key to lock, or exceed 30 seconds during the programming steps, the status monitor's LED will turn off and the previous operation mode will remain.

just did it and it worked!!!

Buy a spare key , mine came back to haunt my ex a couple times lol. This was the final straw in getting rid of it . Cream puff low km 97 Lexus with every availible option and factory super charged. It ended up being an untraceable alarm code of some sort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom