Need help sourcing front engine mount bolts for 1969 fj40

Here's a pic of the placeholder bolts I have in the mounts. They are too long, though I think the right threads per inch and diameter. I've been searching on the interwebs to find 2 mounting bolts for my front square SOR engine mounts. It's a 1969 fj40 and I can't seem to find the bolts. I can find lots of pictures of mounts and lots of other bolt kits, but not the 2 bolts for the front engine mounts. Does anyone have an idea where I can find these?
mount2.jpeg
mount1.jpeg

Green Bean

SILVER Star
Here's a pic of the placeholder bolts I have in the mounts. They are too long, though I think the right threads per inch and diameter. I've been searching on the interwebs to find 2 mounting bolts for my front square SOR engine mounts. It's a 1969 fj40 and I can't seem to find the bolts. I can find lots of pictures of mounts and lots of other bolt kits, but not the 2 bolts for the front engine mounts. Does anyone have an idea where I can find these?
View attachment 2821570View attachment 2821569
You might try calling Mark at Mark's Off Road. 65swb45

If he doesn't have them, he will point you in the right direction. My other thought is McMaster-Carr.

Those also look like the bellhousing to mount bolts. The front chassis to mount are a finer pitch thread and different head.

Last edited:

73FJ40

After another night of rust removal!
SILVER Star
@Honeycutt

The OEM bolt for the OEM front motor mounts, as illustrated, has the part no. 91619-41228.

Note that the "square" style of motor mounts were specified for 1975+ applications, but luckily may be adapted to early Land Cruiser model years.

They list for $2.96 each at your local dealer, and include a captured lock washer.

1635269577652.png

You guys are awesome! Thank all for your suggestions. I think I will order from my local Toyota shop, might as well get some missing bell housing to transmission bolts while I'm at it! @firemanj92 you were right I'm sure, I just found those laying around and figured out the thread width was off, so didn't tighten them, just used them as placeholders. @73FJ40 totally appreciate your level of detail and information. Right on! Thanks y'all! You're the best!

You guys are awesome! Thank all for your suggestions. I think I will order from my local Toyota shop, might as well get some missing bell housing to transmission bolts while I'm at it! @firemanj92 you were right I'm sure, I just found those laying around and figured out the thread width was off, so didn't tighten them, just used them as placeholders. @73FJ40 totally appreciate your level of detail and information. Right on! Thanks y'all! You're the best!
I found out the hard way and had to retap a front motor mount-bolts were in wrong baggy. I'll find the tap size...M12 x 1 for front but I don't remember the bellhousing m12 x ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Website
vintageteqparts.com

yours in the PHOTO Are CORSE thread

you NEED Fine thread

simple solution

all you need is :
12mm thread pitch x 1.25 x 28mm long ..............

MUST BE #8 JIS Spec for motor mounts .....fyi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom