Need help picking wheels and tires! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! I need some guidance with wheels and tires as the title suggest. I am looking at Fifteen52’s Turbomac HD wheels. Not sure what wheel size and tire to run, is there a go to tire everyone usually goes to? Im in so cal and mainly will be using my 80 for desert camping along with trips to Yosemite so a lot of highway and some off roading as I like to camp as far away as possible from other people. No crawling just fire roads and off road trails since I only have center locker. If anyone is rocking these wheels please post a picture of your ride with them along with fitment. Thanks!

8C6AE1EA-F5C9-4D5F-B8C2-8A1ABE1FDF3F.png

Hi all! I need some guidance with wheels and tires as the title suggest. I am looking at Fifteen52’s Turbomac HD wheels. Not sure what wheel size and tire to run, is there a go to tire everyone usually goes to? Im in so cal and mainly will be using my 80 for desert camping along with trips to Yosemite so a lot of highway and some off roading as I like to camp as far away as possible from other people. No crawling just fire roads and off road trails since I only have center locker. If anyone is rocking these wheels please post a picture of your ride with them along with fitment. Thanks!

View attachment 2442545
I went with 16"wheels and currently running 33" tires but will step up to 35" next set. I'm also in so cal.

I went with a different style wheel but here's a pic..

IMG_20200820_150532.jpg

View attachment 2442545
Look at SCS they acutally fit the hubs and have the correct Backspacing and Offset. come in 16" and 17" also you get 12-turns on the lug nuts which is important if you are wheeling hard.

I like the wheels and the bronze, but I don't understand the simulated bead lock. I see this all the time on trucks and it grinds my gears! Having fake anything on a vehicle to me is super cheezy. This is just my $.02.

I like the wheels and the bronze, but I don't understand the simulated bead lock. I see this all the time on trucks and it grinds my gears! Having fake anything on a vehicle to me is super cheezy. This is just my $.02.
I agree about simulated bead locks. They also add rotating mass to each wheel, I have aired down to 15lbs before and have not popped a bead with regular wheels. I usually go down to 25 (to soften the ride in the desert)

My .02 is to find a wheel that you like and one that is lite, I noticed a big difference going from stock to aftermarket where each wheel was 5lbs lighter than stock... 20 lbs less of rotating mass 🤯

Rule of thumb is every 10lbs of rotating mass = 100lbs of dead weight. Puts things in perspective. Also losing 10lbs of rotating mass or 100lbs of dead weight is worth 1 tenth in the 1/4 mile :steer:

Rule of thumb is every 10lbs of rotating mass = 100lbs of dead weight. Puts things in perspective. Also losing 10lbs of rotating mass or 100lbs of dead weight is worth 1 tenth in the 1/4 mile :steer:
So what you're saying is....the new wheels are going to help offset the rear tire carrier that's on order :smokin:

So what you're saying is....the new wheels are going to help offset the rear tire carrier that's on order :smokin:
Yep! You will still be able to run your 29.8 second 1/4 mile time with the new rear tire carrier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom