Need Help - PCV grommet pieces feel in valve cover and cannot see them. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had two pieces of grommet fall into valve cover. While trying to retrieve they got pushed down into hole and cannot see them now. What are my options? I am guessing I am going to have to pull valve cover off but before I do, does anyone have a suggestion?

Attached/tape small hose to vacuum hose.

1652552966332.png

The two areas are separated, so you won't be able to pull out pieces from the oil fill tube (I had the same issue last weekend). You can duct tape a small hose to the end of your shop vac and it may provide enough suction to pull up the pieces.

View attachment 3008730
The two areas are separated, so you won't be able to pull out pieces from the oil fill tube (I had the same issue last weekend). You can duct tape a small hose to the end of your shop vac and it may provide enough suction to pull up the pieces.
Thanks. I just pulled mine off and saw that it was not an option. After looking deep inside it appears there is a screen that keeps any big pieces from falling through. Which it means it probably does not matter if you don’t drop it all. (Maybe someone can confirm this so others don’t go through the pain in the @$$) I retrieved the pieces by turning upside down and shaking the cover. The pieces finally came to the top and I pulled them out with my little finger.

Now I wait for parts to put cover back on.

IMG_20220517_154408533.jpg
I just fished out mine. I wrapped a kabob skewer with duct tape and was able to stick the small piece to it. The huge piece fell opposite the oil fill toward the fan. See if yours fell that way. I missed it for about an hour. I accidentally posted in the 80 forum, but learned valuable information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom