Need help on lp sale examples for insurance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

esh

Threads
Website
www.cascadecruisers.com
This'll kill some of you.. but at least it didn't kill me (literally). Was involved in a towing accident a couple weekends ago and smashed up a '65 FJ45lwb pretty good. The trailer (I think, from looking at the damage) went up on its side, started to roll, smashed the top/doors/hood/front of the pickup, and ended up tilting back onto it's side.

The truck was completely solid- ie the surface scratches/rust were only requiring sand blasting and repaint, no repair work was needed. There were no dents on any body panel except for one of the running boards was pretty bent up. It was totally stock and complete except they put newer style hubcaps on and 33x9.5 MTs on stock rims. Stock F original engine that ran great.

There is a really odd rack that surrounds the bed. I was told it was a prototype developed by Toyota and the dealer to use as a marketing tool to try and sell the pickups to farmers and ranchers in Wyoming and Montana. It ended up not being a seller because the pickup was too small. The rack seems to be for holding hay bales. It is very similar to the headache rack (which is there but covered by standard expanded metal). The expanded metal on the oddball rack is a little small er and thinner gauge which leads me to believe the expanded metal on the headache rack was put there later.

enough on cool unique stuff, what I am looking for is evidence for the fair market value of this thing. I owned it for a total of 3 hours before the accident, but like I said really in the big scheme it's a hunk of metal because I came out of it without injury.

If anyone has recent FJ45 lwbp sales (not ads or asking prices, but actual sales info), I would love to have it to use as evidence of the ballpark worth of the truck. Here are a couple shots- don't look if this will cause emotional distress.

0020.jpg

0021.jpg

ps- if there is any opportunity for parts off this I will post up something. Watch Cascade Cruisers web site.. please do not PM me here.

It really depends on what the insurance company is going to do before I can give out better info.

That sucks.

How much for the G5? :D

Well, considering it has some kind of downey offroad doohickey, a perfect lwb tail lens, a couple birfs, mini-truck body mounts, a couple clean 40-series gauge clusters, and more than I can remember, it'll cost ya. ;)

I am of no help as I don't own one :-(.

But if you want to sell that pile of twisted metal email me @ eagleeye_@msn.com.

You may want to do a sold search on ebay and even use the one that is currently going. You may also want to contact Specter or TLC4x4 and see if they would send a letter with there fair mrket value (probably a long shot).

I got mine for $500.00 and it didn't look much better than that when I got it ;) I'd say that's salvageable. Riddler picked a swb up a few weeks back for $300.00. I'm not helping am I?

Yeah, besides the top and doors it doesn't look too bad.

you bought that in Hamilton? didn't know one was for sale there. where is it at now? definately interested in salvage if it goes that way,

check with Junk, as he just got that one from up north, not the same year, but it is a recent sale.

When I bought mine, my insurance co wanted it appraised before they would insure it. I called an appraiser, he looked over the truck and then used internet sources to estimate what it was worth. E-bay and TLC, Hemming motor news and also Spector's for sale section.

Bull/Rodney in Seattle bought his not to long ago, it would be a good comp.

Junk, just bought one, wasn't as solid.

of course Ebay comps

65- can you PM or email me any pics/prices? I was going to do SOR and see even if the cool cruisers ads had anything. I know once in a while tlca businesses have a little ads section that they leave sold trucks up on for a while. Just gotta find time to poke around.

Like I said, I owned this for a total of 3 hours before the accident. I would have gone through the same process of appraisal and insuring for it's fair market value.

Also, realize for the shape it was in- it could have ebayed for over $10,000 just as it was. There was nothing wrong but cleaning up the paint. I would have blasted every piece and re-primed/painted it, or had the guys in Lincoln City do it. There were NO dents, NO cancer, nothing missing (save 1 cracked taillight lens for which there is an OEM original replacement for it, and I'm keeping both of them for FJ454 and it's perfect spare bed). It was a perfect truck, everything worked properly.

My goal wasn't to ebay though, I am just recovering costs from the large purchase of trucks I made to be able to keep the two that I want (the FJ454 and a stock '85 minitruck). If I had taken a hit on the price (say for $8,000?) on this truck by selling it to someone in the TLCA community, so be it- rather that than someone that will never let it see the light of day and not take pics or make it to the 45 run or Pismo or the like. I can make up the price hit on the other rigs I'm getting rid of. That's all moot now, just wanted to let you guys know my intentions.

I'm going to see where I can get with Marv. Ebay just has the two up there and I can't seem to figure out a way to see past auctions (or even how far back they go).

Last edited:
I just did a back check for you on ebay. There are no past sales of 45's showing. I think it normally goes back 45 days, but am not totally sure.

I still don't understand how you put that on it's lid with it on the trailer and didn't end up with the camper on it's side. Did you yard sale all that s*** in the back?

That's an ugly sight, I am not going to sleep tonight. Maybe this will help in someway for you. Good luck anyway. 1967 toyota landcruiser fj45 lwb (Toyota : Land Cruiser) (Reserve Not Met) View Seller's Other Items

$10,600.00 -- 16 surfinglewdog(36)

eBay home | pay | my eBay | sign out | site map | help

Back to My eBay Listed in category: eBay Motors > Passenger Vehicles > Toyota > Land Cruiser

1967 Toyota : Land Cruiser Item number: 4553101747
Email to a friend

The reserve price was not met.
The reserve price is the hidden minimum sales price set by the seller. In order to win this item, you must meet the reserve price and have the highest bid.

Increase your chances of winning next time:

Track your bidding, especially during the final minutes of a listing. Use My eBay, email notifications, and eBay Toolbar.

Try entering your highest maximum bid. eBay will only use as much of your bid as necessary to win.

Use completed item search to better estimate the final price of items you bid on.

Larger Picture

Current bid: US $10,600.00 (Reserve not met)

Get low monthly payments

Ended: Jun-04-05 14:21:55 PDT
Start time: May-28-05 14:21:55 PDT
History: 16 bids (US $1,000.00 starting bid)
High bidder: scrounger356 ( 134)

Item location: Cypress, California
United States

Sells to: N. and S. America
Shipping: Buyer responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping. Vehicle shipping quote is available.
Shipping and payment details

Seller information
surfinglewdog ( 36)
Feedback Score: 36
Positive Feedback: 100%
Member since Nov-01-02 in United States

Read feedback comments
Add to Favorite Sellers
View seller's other items

Vehicle Purchase Protection up to $20,000.

Programs and terms

Description (revised)

Item Specifics - Automobiles
Toyota : Land Cruiser
1967 toyota landcruiser fj45 lwb

Miles: 45 Doors: 2 doors
Transmission: Automatic Interior: Red
Engine: Don't Know Year: 1967
Warranty: No VIN Number: --
Title: Clear Exterior: Red
Condition: Used Inspection: --

Vehicle Description

frame off restoration 95% complete lots of stainless hardware all new window & door rubber fresh rebuilt long block on newer f motor new clutch & brake master cylinders all new brake drums calipers & shoes new clutch , brand new windshild all other glass ingood shape with some scratches on rear glass & passenger side brand new factory gas tank with sending unit,new rebuilt radiator all new hoses & belts & waterpump,rebuilt steering colum all new leaf springs& ubolts all the way around still needs shocks ,front diff completly dissassembled & powdercoated ,the bed was purchased from spector offroad thats why the tail lights are a later model the original bed was cut for a very large fuel tank this truck is clean & un cut by no means is it tlc caliper but it is a beatiful truck ,things to be completed ,hook up linkage to carb carb has been rebuilt ,also need to complete exhaust the down pipe frome the manafold is in & the mufler & tail pipe are in it just needs a piece inbetween , minor wireing on ignition and tail lights stock harness is in good shape truck comes with extra mirrors cool factory work light & lots of other stuff colected over the years i know theres more stuff that im forgeting ,phone contact works best for me 714 412 7617 the only thing that needs to be pointed out is that the bed is a shade different color as it was painted at a different time,petty much the only thing not gone thru were the trans & transfer case, its also a three on the tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom