need help on conversion from carb to TBI/fuel injection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As anybody have any experience on doing the conversion from carb to TBI?

Last round up that I brought the 40 to K-2, we had a few issues :hillbilly:.... and the best.... nothing having to do with the suspension. In reality we "was there" to test the suspension. This means air shocks/links & coil springs(back), 1 ton diffs and see how would the 40 perform with all the changes we made through out the years.

Suspension passed :cheers: but the Carb and starter sucked:bang:.

I already fixed the starter but I am on to the starving fuel. The Holley carb has been there since prolly 04 and it's time to ditch it for another one or make the transition to Fuel injection.:clap:

The Holley worked through these years but now it's time to get the 40 to the next level, Fuel injection.

I found this web site: http://www.affordable-fuel-injection.com/

They have the fuel injection system as a plug and play but a lil' on the expensive side.

as anybody hear of them or purchased their products?

I even thought about propane but my truck will be driven on the street and I am not too sure this will work for me.

So far I have an Intake and the TBI system from an ol chevy, computer and wire harness...

I have done and coordinated several major projects on Bridge repairs and Rail, but I suck on this one, no idea where to start. :doh:

any help would be appreciated

Regards
JP

Either send your harness & computer to AFI, or buy a ready made harness from them. I am going to put their EFI/GM distributor in Jessica's 60. J-Rob is running their stuff in his FJ40, so is Clutchee

Josh speaks truth!
AFI works perfect, Daryl told me about using it on friends V8 40's and it worked.
Using on my 40/ dads and works great.

Jrob on his 2f

Just buy it and enjoy!

Thanks for the replies....:idea:
I am leaning towards the AFI, it just might take some time....
All I know is I want the 40 to be ready for the crawl...
I still have some time to fiddle with it and do it right.:clap:

As far as hiring the mechanic, I don't know....That would be to EZ:grinpimp:

I know about suspensions and some other things but Fuel injection is not my thing, as it is, I hate it when my vehicles don't work right.

We'll see how this turn out, but I will get in contact with AFI.

:beer::beer:

I know at least half a dozen rigs running the AFI set up with almost no issues. They do need good clean/tight connections and good 12v power source. I know of only one sensor failure on install and AFI handled it quickly and properly. Highly recommend.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/forum.php

One of the best places to learn everything you need to know about TBI. Devin put vortec heads on his TBI motor in the jeep in addition to some other mods. A well known fuel injection company was burning chips for him and never could get it right and he was able to cipher everything out with these guys help. Old School EFI is the guy who ended up being the biggest help. If you go this way you will have to learn a lot about efi.

Thanks Fireman! I am looing into the website...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom