Need help on camping trail ideas summer 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
Planning a family camping summer loop trip starting in Kansas City and going up to South Dakota , over to Wyoming down into Colorado this summer.

Will have 3 adults 3 80 series rigs and 4 kids traveling with @StucknKS Rigs are built good enough for harder trails, however since we're driving them this entire route we would prefer light to medium trails.

In Colorado, we typically drive as far as we can with their rigs then we hike the rest of the way to scenic spots.

Looking for ideas of great scenic trails and camping areas.

None of us have been to Rushmore with him so that is definitely on the list.

What should we be be sure to do in South Dakota?

Thanks.

Hello? Is there another facebook or other place you all communicate that I should post this question?

Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Wind Cave, Custer State Park, Spearfish Canyon, Needles Highway, Harney Peak, Deadwoood, Hill City, Custer, Devils Tower, Pactola Lake, Deerfield lake, Sheridan lake. Search those to get you started. Tons of camping and trails. Go on the Black Hills National Forest website to get a trail map and other info. Or you could come to the Bh Cruiser Classic in July and we could show you around.

Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Wind Cave, Custer State Park, Spearfish Canyon, Needles Highway, Harney Peak, Deadwoood, Hill City, Custer, Devils Tower, Pactola Lake, Deerfield lake, Sheridan lake. Search those to get you started. Tons of camping and trails. Go on the Black Hills National Forest website to get a trail map and other info. Or you could come to the Bh Cruiser Classic in July and we could show you around.

I thought about the classic, but that is after we are through that area.

I have planned two days for wheeling in that general area, if you had to narrow it down (and recall we are not hard wheeling, more looking for scenic routes) where would you point us?

@2fpower . Where did you end up staying in the Black Hills and would you recommend it ? I'm heading through that area (coming from Colorado) next week on my way to hunt in North Dakota and plan to swing by for one night to camp solo and briefly check out the area. Be arriving to the BH in the afternoon and leave by following afternoon. Any thoughts or ideas I'd appreciate.

Looking for a solid place to camp, scenic drive, and maybe fly fish.

Have a capable vehicle but won't take on much being a solo cruiser.

Please let me know or PM me if you'd like. Appreciate it!

@tBoneBrown Shoot me an message, and I will set you up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom