Need help on a clutch will pay with case of beer! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! I don’t post much on here but I’m constantly reading everything!

Anyways, the throw out bearing went out in my fj60 and I bought a new clutch kit and have been reading a lot about how to do it but I’m more of a hands on learner. Was hoping someone might come to my casa and over see this thing going in! It’s my daily driver and me and the girlfriend are down to just our tundra now and we’re both workin full time and quite frankly I miss driving my damn truck lol.

I’d appreciate any help,
Thanks Nick!

What part of town and when? I'm tied up getting out of town this week but may be able to make some time when Im back

When and where? You got tools? A jack? Concrete?

Hey @Dumpolina and @Mauser thanks for the reply guys! I have a friend of a friend coming over this Saturday and/or Sunday to help. He’s bring his tranny jack and I’m pretty sure I have everything else. If y’all can make it or want to come you guys are welcome and I live in Rio Rancho off rockaway

Hey @Dumpolina and @Mauser thanks for the reply guys! I have a friend of a friend coming over this Saturday and/or Sunday to help. He’s bring his tranny jack and I’m pretty sure I have everything else. If y’all can make it or want to come you guys are welcome and I live in Rio Rancho off rockaway
I'll be gone this weekend. Post pics of the carnage/progress!
If it doesn't come together I should have some time next week

I cant this weekend either. Usually weekday afternoons/evenings are better for me. Thanks for the invite though. Good luck, hooe you get it done. If not I can help another time. I have a jack if needed.

UPDATE!

Got the clutch done finally nice and cherry and when I was putting the rear drive shaft back on I noticed the pinon can move about an inch in all directions and found out that’s what making all the noise.

So good news is the truck has a nice new clutch.

Bad news was that wasn’t the problem. So now I need to do new pinon bearings! Joy

I also don’t know how to do that so if anyone wants to help it will be appreciated!

I also don’t know how to do that so if anyone wants to help it will be appreciated!

I think the consensus here will be to take it to one of the shops in town. That job involves some special skills and tools. I would get one of the install kits and take it to the shop of your choice. A quick look at One Stop Shop - Local Resource for your Cruiser Service and I see U-Joints, and Wilson's Drive Shaft and Drive Axle. Wilson's seems to be the choice right now.

Nice job on the clutch install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom