Need help moving my FJ40 and a few parts from CA. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pjohnson

SILVER Star
Threads
It's time to move my FJ40 from storage in CA to home in Meridian. It's a rock crawler so it needs to be towed as it's way too far to drive it. The trip is Meridian to Gustine, CA and back. About 650 miles (10-1/2 hrs) one way.

I have looked into renting a truck and trailer from the major rental companies. They only rent moving trucks for towing. The cost is almost the same as if I just contact Aaron at Summit to transport it.

Does anyone know of a place to rent a 3/4 ton truck and trailer? Reasonably priced? The truck is the problem as I can rent a car trailer pretty easily.

Or maybe someone is willing to let me rent their truck? Or do a road trip (expenses paid, of course)?

I know its a big ask, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Maybe someone is in need due to the Coronavirus layoffs and we can help each other out?

Thanks and stay safe.
Phil

p.s. - I thought of renting a truck from Hertz, etc. and just towing with it. They expressly forbid towing. If anything really bad happened, I'd be totally on the hook. I don't think even my insurance would help as I would have violated the rental contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom