need help lugging an axle in and out for widening spring width (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lemoore, CA (south of Fresno) / Cortes Island, B.C
If anyone has a few hours to spare in the evenings this week, I have my 60 series axle rebuilt and need to figure out how much I need to move my front spring hangers out to mount the wider axle. I'll have to measure and move around an axle alot and it is too much for me to do alone.

If anyone wants to hang out for a few hours in the evenings this week, I would supply the beer or soda. I have a plasma cutter to move the process along.

Once I get the hangers tacked in place, I can do the rest on my own. The only pain is putting the new axle on the springs, measuring how much I need to move them out based on the axle perches, and burn the old hanges out and make some gussets.

Dan

Wish I had some D. I think my best bet, is to simply measure the inside of my stock axle spring perches and measure the difference between the 60's spring perches. That should be how much I need to move my frame mounts out. I'll measure and cut them out tonight and maybe tomorrow night or Wednesday, I will tack on the spring hangers and botl everything back up. See if that will be good then take apart and burn every thing in place.