Need help locating top end oil leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Bought a 2007 100 series and am doing a bunch of work on it. Timing belt, valve cover gaskets, etc. Working on the valve covers (aka “cylinder head cover sub assembly” according to the service manual). I’m trying to locate the source of this fluid leak under the intake manifold. You can see it covering the injector rail bottom, along with accumulated dirt/debris. I think it’s oil. Any ideas? The top side of the valve covers seem dry here, so it’s perplexing.

Please don’t say head gaskets. :) seriously though, they are far below this and seem dry, so... ideas?

463C7A42-EB63-4988-826B-3509C00E4E1A.jpeg

Last edited:
there's no reason not to take off the manifold at that point. Really it just looks like old age. Everything collects on the injector ledge.
I don't know that I'd just go spraying cleaner everywhere, although you could. mine looked like that, to come extent, at 170k miles.
chances are you want a intake gasket, cheap orange rubber X2.
and to use someone else's term, mission creep can set in with a ton of other stuff, starter, injector orings, state of SAI pump, hoses, connectors, knock sensor plastic, etc.
You already went down the gasket tube seal hole, might as well keep going, SAI delete kit. On and On and On.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom