Need help Landcruiser 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I checked out the Tokico shocks and they have an attractive price, however lots of choices. I was looking at the ones on cruiserparts.net. which ones would keep me at stock height (landcruiser 80)? And is it one per package or both?

I did also saw Bilstein 5100 shocks, and Eibach Pro truck sport shocks. Both come at decent prices and Brands seem to have good reputations. Anybody running these?

For the use your have listed, leave it stock height, and run 33" or 34" tyres.

I have had lifted and locked cruisers on 35s

Currently have a '93 running original springs and 305/70R16 (33").

No clearance issues with sagged 28 year old suspension. Handles great on road, and will go a long way offroad with some driving skill.

Drive it as is for a while, figure out its limitations, and your needs.
If you want to go rockcrawling later, build it up for that with fresh parts.
1/2 building it for rock crawling now is a waste of time and money, and will give you 1/2 a result now and 1/2 a result in the future.

Here's a clip of my son driving mine. He's a novice offroad. This trail has some off camber step ups that I thought would test the unlocked 80 on sagged suspension more than it did.

This was a track to a local swimming hole. Driven it many times. This time, there's been a fair bit of erosion, and going down I was thinking "coming back up could be fun"

Forget OME...go with Dobinson 2" kit....no stink bug and no need shims to correct the leveling. From vehicle to vechicle is different but 2" lift is at its max without modifying other components.
I recommend to adjust the rear brake bias though.

20210417_073109_HDR.jpg

If you want a free lift I'm yanking my old OME 2.5" heavy setup over the next few weekends and you're welcome to it - moving over to a Dobinsons MRA / tapered springs setup.

Spings getting switched out tomorrow, shocks next weekend and the radius arms once I take some measurements of the new setup to decide which ones will correct my castor the best.

If it was me I'd add the 3" delta rear Panhard correction bracket and maybe some delta radius arms run it for a while like that on 33's - save your cash for baselining and fuel :lol:

It sits a little stink bug but I'm nose heavy with bumper, winch and dual group 31 batteries. If it bugs you throw some spacers up front to level it out.

I can throw in an set of weather tech floor mats as well - they are tan so it may not match your truck. But hey free is a good price - let me know if you're interested in any of it.

Oh and welcome to mud :flipoff2:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom