need help info on tires please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
Threads
not sure if this is the place for this . but with the canadian buck being on par with the U.S. dollar it is time for me to buy some new tires .
i am running 38.5 x 14 x 15 tsl sx swampers and i seem to drive my rig on the street more than the bush these days .
so i am looking for some new tires for a set of stock widened oem wheels so they need to fit a 15 inch wheel (15x10)
but i would like to stay in the 37-38 inch size maybe 39's

does anybody have any recommedations on what brand of tire to purchace or where to get them i can drive as far south as portland oregon .is there still no sales tax in oregon ?

all ideas will be greatly appreciated. i still would like a fairly aggresive looking tire but maybe in a radial for the street friendliness :lol:

:cheers:

not sure if this is the place for this . but with the canadian buck being on par with the U.S. dollar it is time for me to buy some new tires .
i am running 38.5 x 14 x 15 tsl sx swampers and i seem to drive my rig on the street more than the bush these days .
so i am looking for some new tires for a set of stock widened oem wheels so they need to fit a 15 inch wheel (15x10)
but i would like to stay in the 37-38 inch size maybe 39's

does anybody have any recommedations on what brand of tire to purchace or where to get them i can drive as far south as portland oregon .is there still no sales tax in oregon ?

all ideas will be greatly appreciated. i still would like a fairly aggresive looking tire but maybe in a radial for the street friendliness :lol:

Still no sales tax in Oregon. You know how opinions are... But I like the BFG KM2s. Those will be my next tire. Or, possibly, the Toyo M/Ts. Or, perhaps the Goodyear MTRs. I do kind of like the Cooper Discoverer. Ah, crap. I don't know. But, I do know there's still no sales tax in Oregon!

Still no sales tax in Oregon. You know how opinions are... But I like the BFG KM2s. Those will be my next tire. Or, possibly, the Toyo M/Ts. Or, perhaps the Goodyear MTRs. I do kind of like the Cooper Discoverer. Ah, crap. I don't know. But, I do know there's still no sales tax in Oregon!

What can I add but.............ditto!;p

Is it just me, or do the words 38 inches and "street friendly" just sound unusual when used together?

The guy that owned the infamous moneypit put 37" MTRs on them with 15x10 rims and said they did ok on the highway. While the rig was in my shop, I never got to test that particular aspect of the rig, so I can't say.

Hth

Mark A.

This is relevant to my interests....I also want to run 38s and still be able to street drive my rig.

Good one that does sound funny .:lol: :grinpimp:

any ideas on a place down there to purchase them from
i guess i am looking for a radial tire then i'm sick of waiting for the bias ply swampers to warm up .and get rid of there flat spots.

What can I add but.............ditto!;p

Is it just me, or do the words 38 inches and "street friendly" just sound unusual when used together?

Hth

Mark A.

I ran a set of 36x14.50 TSL radials on an old dodge diesel, I was amazed at how smooth and quiet they were considering their size and tread. They make a 36x14.50x15 and a 38x15.50x15 in a TSL radial FWIW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom