Need help in Phoenix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tralaz.org
I recently purchased a '94 80 which was used as a parts car. I replaced the body parts that were gone, put e-lockers in, and did most of the maintenance to bring the vehicle up to par. I never drove the vehicle before doing all the work. Now the project is almost complete, with one glaring exception- the center diff won't lock, and consequently neither will the axle lockers. After some troubleshooting, I suspect the transmission (CDL) relay box is not working correctly. The only way I can think of to test this theory is to replace the relay with a working one, or put my relay in a vehicle that has a working CDL.

Is there anyone in Phoenix that would be willing to help me with this? I would be happy to come to you, or I can offer you the use of my shop and tools if you have a project to complete but are lacking a nice place to do it. I have a 1200 square foot garage and am a tool fanatic. Anything from brakes to birfs to engine maintenance. I'm open to a wrench party this Sunday, or can schedule either some other day or to meet you just about any time. If you don't need a place to work, a case of beer is up for grabs too. I'm located at Greenway and Cave Creek roads.

-Spike

I have two Cruiser with e-lockers, shoot me a pm and we'll get something figured out... I need to do some stuff to both so if you've already done it and could help I'm sure we can get something worked out. I'd be more then happy to help you with any repairs as well...

Diff lock indicator position switch is suspect.

cruiserdan said:
Diff lock indicator position switch is suspect.

I hope it's something that simple, but with the relay box in hand there are no telltale 'clicks' to indicate it's doing anything. In trying to trace the problem, I powered one of the legs accidentally and got a click, so I think the relays are audible when they activate. One of the things I hope to do with a working vehicle is to figure out which legs get power, and which legs are switched and maybe what they do.

Sonoranfun, PM sent.

-Spike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom