Need help in NoVA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was hoping someone living near Alexandria Virginia could check out a 1996 80 for me. The cruiser is located at Jack Taylor Toyota. Unfortunately, the salesman I have been in contact with has been little help, and I was hoping to get someone to look at it before I spend the money to buy a ticket from Michigan to DC. Thanks for your help.

Ryan Nall
nalledge@yahoo.com

I will be in Alexandria this AM (Mon.) I will try and find the dealership and swing by and see what cruisers he's got and post back or E-mail you. When I bought mine 3 years ago, I found that there happens to be a saturation of 80's in that area. There were a lot of used car lots that had them and were selling them on "autotrader.com". Most of these lots were in Alexandria for some reason. I looked at a lot of junk. At the time there was a lot of demand for the 80 and prices were high. It was fun to look at them and hear all about the V-6 engine etc from a salesman who did not know a cruiser from a rover.

UNCnalledge,
I live in NoVa and purchased my '97 8 months ago. Anyhow, I can swing bye and take a look some evening this week.

I'll shoot you an email.

Thanks for your help! I am especially interested in whether it has lockers and just general condition. The salesman, of course, said it was in perfect condition and it did have the diff lock - but I don't exactly trust them.

I will definitely owe you a beer (I guess Boddington's is standard).

Ryan

Nevermind. Sold yesterday after I called about it. Thanks to all who offered to help.

Ryan

Swung by that dealer today and found something of interest. Back behind the building in a lot full of uncertifiable units there was a GX. It had chrome mirrors, the clear side lights and where the usual tailgate rear hatch combo usually reside it had the side by side door configuration instead. Never seen one in person, pretty kewl. Oh yes, it also had diff locks. Not sure of the year but it was blue, no roof rack and a sticker on the rear quarters that said "4500". The front grill said "TOYOTA" not and emblem like my 95. I had no time to inquire, was this the unit you were interested in?

That is a vehicle from aother market that has been imported into the US. It is a 94 or older and if it is LHD it likely came from Europe.

Hey there, here's a couple i found on autotrader for zip 20165...these prices aren't that bad...i got my LC at a local benz/porsche/audi dealership for $9300...put about $1,000 in it since then for birfield repack, replaced p/s oil cooler, rear pinion seal, and misc fluids/tools.

Dealership prices are still high, but can find a deal thru private sellers..

95 LC $13,990, Green 4-door 4X4 SUV, 85030 miles, 4 SPD AUTO W/ELEC, 6 Cylinders. Stock# P1903T. Features: ABS, Air ... Hughes MotorCars
Warrenton VA
Contact seller Call 888-432-8290

94 LC
$10,995, Green 4-door 4X4 SUV, 112748 miles, AUTO 4SPD W/OD, 4.5L I6. Stock# 468033A. Features: Base, 'Rear D ... Waldorf Chrysler Jeep
Waldorf MD
Contact seller
Call 888-324-0298

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom