Need help Identifying wire for tempature sending unit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone help me identify which one of these wires is for the tempature sending unit and what the remaining wires are for?
wire.jpg
wire1.jpg
wire3.jpg

The year of your rig would help...
Do you have two temp senders on the head? Other wires might go to the brake master?

Howdy! The red wire with the black shielding on it, then Y's at the end is probably for the two sensors on the bottom of the brake master. John

I cant see the colours clearly but I believe (from memory) yellow with black trace is oil pressure sensor and yellow with green trace is water temp sensor.

But I dont know what engine I am looking at either...? And if it is a diesel with superglow it will have a temp sender for the gauge and also a temp sensor for the pre heat timer...

Sorry guys this is a 76 with a 2F....but not the orginail 2f

Ground out the connectors one by one, the one that makes the temp gauge peg to the H is the one...

I cant see the colours clearly but I believe (from memory) yellow with black trace is oil pressure sensor...

Correct! Yellow and black (the wire on the right side of the first pic) is for oil pressure. Last week my gauge wasn't showing any oil pressure, and I spent WAY too long figuring out which wire was for oil pressure, and where it was supposed to connect! :eek:

I have an original 1976 2F and on mine the two black connectors (wires connected together) go to the brake pressure switches under the master cylinder, the one with the green connector goes to the temp sensor at the base of the carb and the other with a terminal lug goes to the EGR valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom